Pulled battery while BB was frozen, now it won't read my SD card.

Can someone please help me. It says that there are error files and it is trying to restore them, a pop up comes up with the word 'CLUSTER' and then it says there was an error while fixing. How do i fix this problem?
    11-09-11 02:54 PM
    It seems like your SD card got corrupted in the process.
    Take it out of your BB and try and hook it up to your computer and see if your computer reads it. If it does then copy all data, pop the SD card back into your BB and format it. Then selectively restore you SD card data back.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    11-09-11 03:11 PM
    That happened to me. My MicroSD card was toast
    11-09-11 05:24 PM
    Pulled battery while BB was frozen, now it won't read my SD card.

Can someone please help me. It says that there are error files and it is trying to restore them, a pop up comes up with the word 'CLUSTER' and then it says there was an error while fixing. How do i fix this problem?
    Don't panic and do just what sam suggested as if I had not seen sam post I would have suggested the exact same thing. Good luck
    11-09-11 05:54 PM
    Dude,
    Just pull your battery out of your blackberry
    And pull your sd card out for a while, put it back in, put your battery back in start your bb and that's it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 06:01 PM
    Dude,
    Just pull your battery out of your blackberry
    And pull your sd card out for a while, put it back in, put your battery back in start your bb and that's it

Dude... He got into trouble to start by pulling his battery and al that aside it is not that easy when he is getting the error messages so 2 of us in this thread agreed what to suggest so I would not steer him in the wrong direction, That is how easy it is.
    11-09-11 06:39 PM
    I'm copying everything on the micro sd card 2 the PC, wiping it clean, and then copying and pasting it back. I have a 32GB card, so it'll be a while of copying and pasting.

Thanks guys.

11-09-11 08:56 PM
    3 of us agree...

People seem to panic and forget that it's and SD card, and that card can be inserted and read in places other than a BB. It's not a bad practice to pop it out from time to time and do exactly what you're doing... make a backup copy on your PC. SD technology does fail, and they do have finite read/write cycles. It's not likely you'll approach those limits but backing up is never a bad thing to do.
    11-10-11 07:02 AM
    A few files were damaged and there was nothing i could do to retrieve them. A few pictures got distorted as well. Not a big deal, but just wish it didnt happen. The 9810 does have a 1.2 GHZ processor, so there shouldn't be any freezing issues, etc. However, it happened. I did what was suggested. Took out the SD card, copy and pasted everything to my PC, wiped the SD card clean, and copy and pasted everything i could salvage back 2 the SD card.

Thanks again for everyones help.
    11-10-11 08:28 AM
    A few files were damaged and there was nothing i could do to retrieve them. A few pictures got distorted as well. Not a big deal, but just wish it didnt happen. The 9810 does have a 1.2 GHZ processor, so there shouldn't be any freezing issues, etc. However, it happened. I did what was suggested. Took out the SD card, copy and pasted everything to my PC, wiped the SD card clean, and copy and pasted everything i could salvage back 2 the SD card.

Thanks again for everyones help.
    Before copying everything back to the card, it might have been a good idea to reformat it in the phone. Could be there's a physical corruption on the card itself that caused the freeze in the first place. I'd say be cautious and back up often, just in case the card goes belly-up and has to be replaced ... it happens.

11-10-11 09:25 AM
    If i reformat, doesn't that delete everything on it? I am trying 2 save the content on it, not lose it.
    11-10-11 02:20 PM
    If i reformat, doesn't that delete everything on it? I am trying 2 save the content on it, not lose it.
    Yes reformat deletes the data.

Everyone is suggesting the best case scenario that your SD card is corrupted. In that case, you might be able to load it on your PC/MAC and check it contents. Maybe even pull off the data.

Either way, you'll have to reformat. Unless your card is dead, then a reformat won't help. But at least you won't have to worry about the reformat erasing your data... It is already gone...
    11-10-11 02:26 PM
    Again as EVERYONE almost on here has suggested the best case scenario for you but YES everything gets deleted and that is why you pull it, take everything off to your PC in a temp folder, place the card back into the BB and reformat it to clean it(FAT 32 of course) and then place everything back on the card and you will be good to go.
    11-10-11 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD