ok was told to use JL_CMDER to wipe fone... which i did... now i see white background lil pic under it say 507... i tried connecting it to my DM (bb desktop manager) it says no connection found.... how do i get my os back into my fone? plz help
    10-20-08 01:58 AM
    Which upgrade instructions were you using? Do you have the new OS installed on your computer? follow the instructions in the link below to recover you berry:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

Here is a link to help in case you're having usb connection problems.

BlackBerry Search Results
    Last edited by exelant; 10-20-08 at 02:12 AM.
    10-20-08 02:04 AM
    jayden0606 told me to download JL_CMDER to wipe the blackberry then install new os... i wiped it... now it wont connect to the bb desktop manager.... i need to fix this its driving me crazy
    10-20-08 02:13 AM
    which OS are you tring to load? Is it the same one that's already on your phone?
    10-20-08 02:20 AM
    yes im trying to put back on 4.5
    10-20-08 02:25 AM
    is it the same one that is already on your phone? and is it installed on your computer
    10-20-08 02:27 AM
    yes... 4.2 came with my phone... upgraded to 4.2... but my phone kept turning off while i was on it... so jayden told me to wipe it then install new os... only prollem is... now phone wont connect to anything so i have no idea how to install new os

i have 45. on my puter to go back in just dont know how....
    10-20-08 02:34 AM
    follow the instructions in the link above to recover dead berry. Sometimes if it wont see your device, you need to remove your battery while it is connected, start dm then put your battery back in.

you can also try crackmem to load it if the recover thread doesn't work.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...+my+blackberry
    10-20-08 02:39 AM
    OK, if you are loading the same OS back to your phone, you sometimes need to do the stuff i pasted below to get it to go -- after you get your DM to see your berry.

If you're installing an operating system that is the same as on your phone, when you plug your device into your PC after opening the Desktop Manager, the app won't find any updates and you'll have to instigate the install process yourself. To do so, click the Application Loader icon on the Desktop Manager home screen and then click the Start box on the right side of the screen, beneath Update Applications. The software will then search for updates and won't be able to find any. On the following screen, click the Advanced tab under Device Application Selection, make sure the list of applications on the next screen includes all programs you wish to include in the install and hit Next again. Choose to backup your application data on the following screen and hit Finish to begin the install.

You'll know your new OS is installed successfully when the Desktop Manager's Update Complete screen appears and your device's radio turns back on. Shortly after the process finishes up, you should receive a message in you inbox to let you know your device is registered with your carrier's network. If you don't receive such a message, resend your device's e-mail service books. You can send service books in two ways, using either your BlackBerry itself or your carrier's BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) page. To send service books via BlackBerry, open your E-Mail Settings/Set-Up Internet E-mail icon, log in if prompted, and click Service Books option under the Settings heading. On the following page, send the books by hitting Service Books again
    Last edited by exelant; 10-20-08 at 02:56 AM.
    10-20-08 02:53 AM
    ok i got it working and back up... tyvm
    10-20-08 03:59 AM
    No Problem. Most of us like helping I think the biggest thing is to stay calm. Your problem happens all the time, but it seems pretty bad when it is your berry, lol

Welcome to CrackBerry. Read the guides in my signature, there's lots of good info there. Something you should pay attention to after an OS upgrade is your file free memory level. You can check this easily by pressing alt-left shift-H. This will bring up a box with your pin, OS, battery level and file free memory number. I like this method because you can access it from any app or screen and back out of it without leaving the page you're on.

Check out the memory optimization thread linked in my signature. Also clear your browser cache, event log and do a reset every once in a while to free up used memory. Also make sure you close apps properly -- press menu key, then click close. I have pasted instructions for this stuff below. Have fun and enjoy your berry!

Browser Settings: Browser settings for improved view. While in your browser, press menu key> options> browser configuration> check all the boxes> make sure browser is set to internet browser> show images set to On WML and HTML Pages> emulation mode set to BlackBerry> click back and save.

Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books.

Empty the Event Log: Open the log (alt-lglg)> press menu key> select clear log.

To clear browser cache, while in your browser> press menu key> select options> select cache operations> select clear content cache> press back.

Photo Save to Media Card: Open camera> push menu key> select options> select store pictures on media card. There are also several other photo settings in this menu box.
    10-20-08 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD