When you type "mobile.blackberry.com" into your computer's internet browser, you get directed to a page that says "The BlackBerry HELP! website is designed for use with the BlackBerry browser. "

This, is also what my boyfriend is getting when he goes to "mobile.blackberry.com" from his blackberry's internet browser.

The phone is an 8330 Curve from Telus, he just got a swap because there were some problems with the light sensors on his keyboard. The new one doesn't have a BB Help icon anywhere either, and he hasn't changed anything really. I checked hidden icons and everything as well.

So what can I do to make it so the BB Help with recognize he's using a blackberry browser? I tried to change the browser type but, WAP browser is the only one available.

This is an issue because he wants to install the apps that he had for messaging and such all over again, but he can't access links to them.

Thanks!
    11-28-08 11:02 PM
    I assume you mean he had it swapped out from another BlackBerry and that he has a BlackBerry data plan. I would first try to resend the service books. If that doesn't work I would try a wipe of the device by reloading the OS... but being that he just got it I would skip that step and just return it if the service books don't work.
    11-28-08 11:14 PM
    Try options > advanced options > host routing table > press menu
    and select Register Now or go to the Personal Email Setup icon
    and resend his service books.

Make sure under Manage Connections that Mobile Network is
    checked of first. And finally the site will not work from a PC as it
    is a mobile only site.
    11-28-08 11:16 PM
    I assume you mean he had it swapped out from another BlackBerry and that he has a BlackBerry data plan. I would first try to resend the service books. If that doesn't work I would try a wipe of the device by reloading the OS... but being that he just got it I would skip that step and just return it if the service books don't work.
    Even if he just got the phone, this is absolutely unnecessary and should only
    be used as a last resort.
    11-28-08 11:18 PM
    Even if he just got the phone, this is absolutely unnecessary and should only
    be used as a last resort.
    well, you don't usually have things like the help icon missing and that restores it. Sounds like it could have been a used/returned device they were given. Not sure why people are so afraid of this. If you do a proper backup of your important information (ie: calendar/contacts etc) there is no loss - especially since they said they haven't loaded any apps on yet.
    11-28-08 11:21 PM
    I have no help icon as I never install Help. Not trying to scare the
    OP, my point was to try the easiest and most common things 1st.

This is probably a very simple fix. No need in trying to prune a
    rosebush with a backhoe.
    11-28-08 11:26 PM
    Try options > advanced options > host routing table > press menu
    and select Register Now or go to the Personal Email Setup icon
    and resend his service books.

Make sure under Manage Connections that Mobile Network is
    checked of first. And finally the site will not work from a PC as it
    is a mobile only site.
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. I just meant that when you direct his Blackberry to mobile.blackberry.com, it looks the same as when you go to it from a PC, which means something is wrong. I know it's not meant to be viewed form a PC. It's not just that it lacks the Help icon, but it also isn't going to the site.

Thanks for the info everyone, hopefully resending the service books work.
    11-29-08 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD