Hello there, so i was given a Blackberry Curve 8520 (Which was previously used) , which arrived today, and It's unlocked. It looks like it was Locked to the orange network before, because the logo is on the front.

anyway, I'm trying to use a Orange : Pay as you go Sim, but it's saying "Sim not Provisioned:2 "

Does anyone know what this means?, and how to get it working? ..

Cheers x
    07-13-10 06:03 AM
    Sounds like the sim isn't active would give orange a call.
    07-13-10 06:29 AM
    Oh okay pal. cheers!
    07-13-10 06:31 AM
    ...Update!

Right, Okay...

Where we stand now is, My Phone is hooked on our Wifi,.. I've got the BIS' off Orange?...? I I got the Message sayinig "Your Handheld has been registered with the wireless network" - Yet the �5 hasn't been deducted from my credit?

I can go on the internet on "Hotspot Browser", but when i wan't to go on Facebook which i downloaded it says "Could not connect because a data service is not available"

Also... Even though i got the registration messege from Blackberry, I can't Register on the Blackberry Internet Service, Site.. When i Type my Pin, and EMEI NUMBER, it say's i need to go to "Host Routing Table", and register now, Which i've also done..

BUT on Service Status it reads :

Mobile Voice
    Connection : Mobile Network

Blackberry Internet Service :
    Connection : Not connected
    BES :
    Connection : Not connected.

mobile network :GPRS
    Mobile Provider : Orange
    Wifi Network :
    Active Profile : J-E-PC (Our Wireless Router)
    SSID : J-E-PC
    Type : 802.11b/g

I hope i have supplied you guys and girls with enough information to get me through this!!

Thanks! x
    07-13-10 10:10 AM
    You probably need a SIM with data, you'll need to contact Orange about that, they probably charge more for those.

EDIT: I expanded the titled to try to draw you the help you need. I'm FAR from an expert on Orange, since I'm a verizon user from the US.

EDIT2: I put out a call to our 2 european mods who might be able to help also, hopefully they are not too busy at their day jobs, or at dinner. (is it dinner time for you guys there?????)
    07-13-10 10:18 AM
    It's around 4-5pm!, so rounding tea time
    07-13-10 10:32 AM
    Do you have the APN set?
    Have a look here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/ora...ettings-84183/
    07-13-10 10:41 AM
    No Mate, It says APN Settings Enabled, but all the USERNAME, PASS, and APN: are Blank??
    07-13-10 10:50 AM
    Read the thread I posted before. It's a little old (2008) but try putting for tha APN name: orangeinternet

Save it, and then go to manage Connections-> Mobile Network Options-> (Press BlackBerry Key) ->Diagnostics Test ->(Press BlackBerry Key)->Run

and see if you have a data connection.
    07-13-10 11:23 AM
    Right the Results of the diagnostic are:

Radio Data Activation : YES
    Signal : -75dbm
    Radio Acsess : GPRS
    Orange
    Then shows I.P adress
    ICMP Ping Echo : YES

Blackberry Registration : YES
    Connected to Blackberry : NO
    Blackberry Pin-Pin :NO

and then shows my PIN,Mobile Number, Device Type

SERVICE books : MMS,WPTCP,Browser Config

Any Use to you?
    07-13-10 11:35 AM
    I was just suddenly able to log online.. and register, at ... Blackberry INternet Service online!

And now it's all suddenly working.. My last Question would be.. Which Internet should i use.. HotSpot or WAP?
    07-13-10 12:37 PM
    None, you should use internet browser, if you don't have it then hot spot

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 02:37 PM
    Yep, I'm using Internet Browser.. Thanks all. x
    07-14-10 01:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD