I am unable to open most internet sites (including this one), it reads "a problem occured while trying to render the page." I've tried everything including battery pulls, resetting browser but nothing seems to work. Thank you, in advance, for your help.
    08-31-08 08:04 AM
    are you going to CrackBerry.com WAP Homepage or CrackBerry.com – The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users & Abusers and go to browser hit the menu button then browser config and check to support style sheets
    08-31-08 08:06 AM
    It is checked off but same problem exists.
    08-31-08 08:50 AM
    In browser options, I have everything checked , show images on wml and html pages, emulation mode to blackberry, and content mode to wml and html.
    Try those settings and see how it works out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-08 09:19 AM
    Are you able to open the simplest sites, like Google?

If so, then your internet connection is working correctly.

Next, try this site at "wap.crackberry.com". That is the home page designed for BlackBerrys. If that still fails, you might consider upgrading your device OS.

The Browser is one of the most important updates in v4.5xx.
    08-31-08 09:38 AM
    I can open goggle but that's just about it.
    08-31-08 06:27 PM
    Do you have everything selected under browser configuration ?

08-31-08 06:29 PM
    Yes, everything is checked.
    08-31-08 06:34 PM
    You should try the os update that reed suggested

08-31-08 06:37 PM
    I have the 4.5.0.55 version; should I try 4.6?
    Last edited by Robii; 09-01-08 at 07:16 AM.
    08-31-08 06:44 PM
    Oddly enough I've been having browser troubles as well lately. Two sites I've been able to visit on my phone in the past don't work anymore. I get that "problem trying to render page" error. It isn't the website since it works with Opera Mini. I'm running OS4.5.0.69 too so I have the latest browser.

09-01-08 12:16 AM
    Is anyone else having these issues?
    09-01-08 03:26 PM
    I have the 4.5.0.55 version; should I try 4.6?
    No. v4.6xx is specific to the Bold.

You already have the improved Browser, thats not the problem.

We know the simplest and best coded site works, which site are your trying to access?
    09-01-08 03:56 PM
    OMG!!!!!!! I get the same message when trying to view a vid on youtube! Idk what to do! I've tried everything. Including multiple battery pulls & soft resets.

09-01-08 04:06 PM
    No. v4.6xx is specific to the Bold.

You already have the improved Browser, thats not the problem.

We know the simplest and best coded site works, which site are your trying to access?
    I'm using the sites I've bookmarked and have been using for months (like this and msn). My sister has the same curve and I tried accessing the sites on her phone and was able to get through with fail.
    09-01-08 07:14 PM
    One of the sites that doesn't work for me anymore is KING5.com | News for Seattle, Washington a local news channel.
    09-01-08 07:51 PM
    That rules out poorly designed specific sites.

The fact that the worked when you book marked them means they have worked.

You are using the latest software, there is no reason to suspect this version would have Browser issues, but that should be ruled out.

If your previous, known good OS is still installed, it will take less then an hour to rule it out. Roll back and verify your Bookmarks.

If not, I can vouch for '.52

09-01-08 08:09 PM
    Ok, now my problem is anything that has to do with streaming multimedia. I can't do anything! I know I've posted idk how many messages on this forum bout the same problem but idk what to do! I'm at whits end! I've tried everything!!!!!! I keep getting the same pop up that others are getting. Anyone have any new info on this?

09-01-08 08:36 PM
    I can vouch for '.52
    That applies to YouTube video too.

09-01-08 08:44 PM
    What do you mean? I don't have the latest software. I have 4.3 actually. So idk what to do?

09-01-08 08:48 PM
    and I've had 4.5.0.55 for a few weeks with no issues, this started last week.
    09-02-08 11:18 AM
    and I've had 4.5.0.55 for a few weeks with no issues, this started last week.
    I had similar problems. The only solution I found that worked was to upgrade/downgrade your OS. Either go back to your carrier's offically approved OS or upgrade to something even more recent.

I upgraded to 4.5.0.66 and it works like a charm.....so far .
    09-02-08 01:12 PM
    I had similar problems. The only solution I found that worked was to upgrade/downgrade your OS. Either go back to your carrier's offically approved OS or upgrade to something even more recent.

I upgraded to 4.5.0.66 and it works like a charm.....so far .

Thank you, I will try that when I get home. Btw, where can I get .66 (I know that's a silly question but I suffer from chronic brain freezes).
    09-02-08 01:56 PM
    Thank you, I will try that when I get home. Btw, where can I get .66 (I know that's a silly question but I suffer from chronic brain freezes).
    I don't remember where I got it, so you'll probably have to google it. Also, it looks like there are even more recent betas out there, so you might try one of those.
    09-02-08 02:57 PM
    I don't remember where I got it, so you'll probably have to google it. Also, it looks like there are even more recent betas out there, so you might try one of those.

Will do. Thank you, again, for the advice.
    09-02-08 03:18 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD