Ok so I have a telus blackberry. It was sent away to have the trackpad replaced and when I got it back the network is locked to rogers. It will not show another networks excepted for a SOS Rogers. Which means I can't use my phone. I have taken it back to telus few times and they keep telling me they can't do anything cause I did it. Is there anything I can do to fix this??? Thank you
    11-25-11 11:47 AM
    This sounds ridiculous. Unbelievable even. Who was it sent away to? To Telus? To RIM? You don't say. The people you pay are accountable to you. Contact whoever did this and demand that he fix it.
    11-25-11 12:32 PM
    Is it a Telus branded BB or Rodgers? Did you purchase an unlocked Rodgers device to use on the Telus network?
    11-25-11 12:36 PM
    I would think you could get the unlock code from your carrier (Telus) and then enter it yourself in Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>>Sim Card

Hold the ALT Key while typing in MEPE or MEPD or MEPPE or MEPPD ( not case sensitive ) ( you will not see text appear on screen while typing ).

It will say "Enter Network MEP Code, then you type in the unlock code and press the trackpad to enter it.

If your account is in good standing the carrier will usually give you the unlock code, especially if you tell them you are traveling abroad and have a different SIM Card to use when out of town. If not, then you can get it from one of the recommended vendors in the forum for a few bucks.

I hope you get it all worked out!
    11-26-11 06:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD