Hey, i just got my blackberry 8330 about 2 weeks ago, im addicted to downloading new themes already. Some themes i try to download dont work i still dont know the difference between OTA and OS i think? I also have a media card that i tried putting themes to then putting them on my phone but i see the theme files saved on my media card on my phone but i dont know how to get them to work. please help! THANKS
    02-13-09 12:35 PM
    OTA means Over The Air! Meaning themes that are OTA formatted can be downloaded directly to your phone without having to use a computer.

OS means Operating System! A themes OS has to be for the certain OS you are running on your BB! To find out what OS you are running, go to Options>>About, third line down will tell you.

Themes can't be saved to your memory card! They have to go to your devices memory in order for them to work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 12:41 PM
    Everything that skull said above... only without all the exclamation (!) marks.
    02-13-09 12:44 PM
    Everything that skull said above... only without all the exclamation (!) marks.
    Don't be hatin on my use of exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!

02-13-09 12:46 PM
    Thanks for the info, but stupid question how do i actually get the themes from my computer to the phone without the media card? im assuming the usb?
    sorry new to all this
    02-13-09 11:27 PM
    Correct. Usually there is a link to download the theme as a .zip file. Un-zip it, then connect your phone to your pc with the usb, connect to desktop manager, go under application settings > add/remove applications, then browse for the unziped theme. I believe it'll be a .thm file, I can't remember for sure.

OTA is really a lot easier. What I do when I find the OTA link on my pc, I just put my mouse cursor over the link so it'll show me the entire address, then on my bb, I open the browser, then options > go to, and just handtype the link. It may not be the most efficient way of entry, but I find it quite easy. After you go to the entered address, you will be prompted to download, and then it installs itself!

02-13-09 11:47 PM
    Thanks for the info, but stupid question how do i actually get the themes from my computer to the phone without the media card? im assuming the usb?
    sorry new to all this
    Just use the app loader to get the themes onto your bb if they are jad and cod files. The quickest way is to just use the OTA if one is available.

02-13-09 11:52 PM
    I have saved the unzipped files, but when I go to add them, I get a pop up box that says "No additional applications designed for your device were found". What does that mean?
    04-16-09 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD