Hello,

my friend is saying she entered her password 9 times, and if she goes one more she will be forced to wipe her data?

if this is true, is there any way around it? she cant remember her password
    03-04-09 10:31 AM
    I'm pretty sure it's true. 10 wrong passwords and it wipes the device. Not sure about any ways around it. Would kinda defeat the purpose....
    03-04-09 10:39 AM
    hmm she has entered 9 wrong already. darnit ... if she goes to tmobile is there any work around from there?

she can of course prove its her phone, she just lost her password and doesnt want to lose her data
    03-04-09 11:10 AM
    no way around this. she'll have to wipe and restore, assuming she has a backup to restore from.
    03-04-09 11:15 AM
    Blackberrys would not be known for their security if there was an easy way to get around the password feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 11:31 AM
    Same as the above - just let it wipe and load from the backup. Sadly if she has no recent backup it will serve as a valuable lesson... Wish her the best..
    03-04-09 11:36 AM
    Same as the above - just let it wipe and load from the backup. Sadly if she has no recent backup it will serve as a valuable lesson... Wish her the best..
    This is true, that is why I do a back up atleast once a week (usually 2-3 times a week), just in case something happens, that way I will only lose at the most 1 week work of info
    03-04-09 11:45 AM
    Did your friend set the password herself? Or is it still on its default password?
    03-04-09 12:39 PM
    Make sure she is not hitting the shft/alt keys on accident for the final try, unless she completely forgot it.......
    03-04-09 12:40 PM
    There was just a thread on this very issue two days ago. Person forgot their own password, didn't have a recent backup, and had to wipe the device. No way around it.

My advice is always to come up with a password you'll actually remember. Funny, I know....
    03-04-09 12:41 PM
    There was just a thread on this very issue two days ago. Person forgot their own password, didn't have a recent backup, and had to wipe the device. No way around it.

My advice is always to come up with a password you'll actually remember. Funny, I know....
    i fail to see the humor.

03-04-09 12:42 PM

she coulda sworn her password was:

sD#4*!vV<d$4_ff9(q2H-letmein_g0d

hehe, i keed i keed!
    03-04-09 12:43 PM
    she coulda sworn her password was:

sD#4*!vV<d$4_ff9(q2H-letmein_g0d

hehe, i keed i keed!
    My password to everything is the most stupidest password ever. Something I came up with when I was in high school. It's beyond stupid. Nobody will ever figure it out. I mean, if you think something is stupid and found out my password, then my password would take the cake.
    03-04-09 12:45 PM
    My password to everything is the most stupidest password ever. Something I came up with when I was in high school. It's beyond stupid. Nobody will ever figure it out. I mean, if you think something is stupid and found out my password, then my password would take the cake.
    i have wayyy too many accounts online to have just 1.

i usually keep 4 main passwords. so any site im trying to get into, i try one of my 4

if i remember, ill rotate them and change the sites to another one of my 4 now and then.

it hapened to me once where i joined a forum, and someone hacked the forum ad got all usernames/passwords. i happened to hae the same username/pass combo on my myspace, few other sites. so i began using my rotation of 4
    03-04-09 12:49 PM
    If she updated her OS recently (probably a long shot, UNLESS she has a Storm), then the Update process made a backup that could be the solution. (crossing my fingers for her)

EDIT: RS, as the "can you hear me now" guy you would think you could work some magic! (or was the magic to check here?)
    Last edited by pkcable; 03-04-09 at 01:00 PM.
    03-04-09 12:52 PM
    That really stinks but like some of the others have stated it is there for security reasons. I would recommend a password sync and maybe that will help in the future. I hope she has a backup so she won't lose all her info. Good luck!

03-04-09 12:57 PM
    Shouldn't really be much of a problem if she just backs up all of the information, then restores it after the fact. If there is a way around it, I would love to know as well

03-04-09 01:46 PM
    OMG, this just happened to me. Once it wiped it then went into an error message and I was on the phone with Tmobile forever trying to get it fixed. Finally got it fixed, but had to reinstall everything and lost everything that was not saved to my media card. Good Luck on finding a way around it.
    03-04-09 01:53 PM
    Damn it! I just put the wrong password ten times in a row and it is wiping as I speak... Good thing I have only had it for two weeks, but I will be backing up from now on, that is for sure! I am so pissed off!
    03-18-09 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD