So recently I was looking at sites on how to change my trackball color on my curve. I finally found a site that figured it out, I relunctantly, was so excited I didnt read all of the instructions. I thought it said you literally paint the trackball with a sharpie or nail polish ( i did a sharpie). When really I was supposed to paint a piece of tape haha....needless to say I actually like the color...however I tried to remove it to change the color, I tried rubbing alcohol that only took a think layer of the marker off. Then I tried nail polish remover and that didnt work at all. Any ideas on how to get this sharpie off? I know I will prob have to buy a new trackball, that just teaches me to read directions a little more careful from now on!
    02-07-09 02:01 AM
    Sharpie = Permanent marker. You will be hard pressed to get it off. You might get it somewhat removed but not all the way. The solutions you have tried are all I can think of.

Maybe goo gone? That crap gets off everything, well everything I have ever tried....
    02-07-09 02:05 AM
    I know its permanent lol I just didn't read the directions all the way being too excited haha...ohwell
    02-07-09 02:07 AM
    I understand your excitement. I have seen many modded bb's on here in my short time, they look prettty good. Wish I could help ya with a solution but other than suggesting google I dunno.....If it were a smooth surface it would be pretty easy but the trackball being rough or textured I doubt anything will work well.

Good luck !
    02-07-09 02:16 AM
    lol, the trackball is a little porous so it's forever colored.

Raeanne, if you want a colored trackball, see the link in my sig about dyed trackballs. There are a few pics of colorful trackballs in there. There is a link in the first post about how it all got started as well.

eBay seller mobilexny sells the OEM trackballs for $4.85 each with free 1st class shipping. Buy a few, then you can dabble in the dyeing process.
    02-07-09 02:27 AM
    to avoid melting the trackball down to nothing from a too-strong cleaner..i would just get a new one..your excitement is completely understandable - i've been dying to customize my trackball..but am way too scared to do it, lol..
    02-07-09 11:39 AM
    Attachment 12066
    Sweet! Just get ya new on for under $10 shipped on Amazon.
    02-07-09 11:53 AM
    Thanks for the ebay seller tip dvdfan. I was looking at his stuff just two days ago or so. I might have to grab a few....... mahalo
    02-07-09 01:45 PM
    yea dvdfan has good technique. I followed it along with boricuaz's ways and it worked like a charm. As for how the dye will affect the color u already have on there, dont know. But the technique is easy and painless. I'd give it a try. Worst case, u come crying on here and someone will walk u thru it
    02-07-09 03:26 PM
    to avoid melting the trackball down to nothing from a too-strong cleaner..i would just get a new one..your excitement is completely understandable - i've been dying to customize my trackball..but am way too scared to do it, lol..
    I was hesitant to dye my trackball at first. Mostly because I figured I'd get frustrated with all of the tiny little parts. Turns out it's super easy, so now I have to go order more so I can have a bunch of different colors!
    02-08-09 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD