hello this is my first time with torch

when i bought it I did not found BB Maps icon but I found it install , i upgrade my os to 6.0.0.546 but i did not found it , then i reinstall it but did not found it's icon and the GPS always give me failed to update the location.

Summary: i can't find blackberry Maps and GPS always give me failed to update the location....

note: i use only wi-fi no blackberry Service (BIS).

pelase help me..
    06-28-11 05:32 AM
    You need BIS for BlackBerry Maps. But the GPS should work independently.

Where exactly are you seeing the GPS failing to update the location?
    mobh13 likes this.
    06-28-11 05:52 AM
    You need BIS for BlackBerry Maps. But the GPS should work independently.

Where exactly are you seeing the GPS failing to update the location?
    1- Do you mean if i activate BIS the Maps icon well appear?

2- in Settings ـــــ> Device ــــ> Location Settings ــــــ> Refresh Location
    Last edited by mobh13; 06-28-11 at 06:33 AM.
    06-28-11 06:27 AM
    please help me
    06-28-11 02:11 PM
    What specifically do you need?

You *need* to have a Blackberry Data plan in order to use the BB apps like Maps. You also need to be connected to BIS, either through your mobile network or WiFi to use a number of BB apps like maps, BBM, Traffic, etc.
    06-28-11 02:29 PM
    Is the application installed? it should be by default. Go into the DM and choose Applications. Is BB Maps installed? if no install it. Now you need the icon. On your device go to blackberry.com and choose install BB Maps. This will install the icon file. You need BIS no matter if on wifi or cellular - no way around that. get Google Maps from googlemaps.com...
    06-28-11 02:52 PM
    whay i do not see the Map icon and why when igo to Settings ـــــ> Device ــــ> Location Settings
    and i Refresh Location why the it'd always give me failed to update the location....

please help me
    06-29-11 04:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD