Help, please! In NYC, having a great time, but my Curve (CellularSouth is provider of service) won't work as a phone. Does ALL other functions. I am newbie. Thanks to all in advance.
    09-08-08 04:03 PM
    Welcome to CB. Could you elaborate more on your issue? Explain it to us further. Are you getting an error message? Do you have a good signal?
    09-08-08 04:08 PM
    Have a good signal. When I first arrived, my phone worked. Then Saturday, it quit, but all other functions continued to work (and still do). I can dial but no tone, someone can call and it will ring, but I cannot hear any voice. I am going to feel like an ***** is if this is simple, but right now I am 1,000 miles away from my kids on a short getaway, so it is important. Thank you for responding.
    09-08-08 04:13 PM
    You could try a battery pull. With your phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in. Internet is working fine?
    09-08-08 04:24 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull?
    09-08-08 04:24 PM
    Have you chequed if your Network Connection is off?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 09:04 PM
    Sounds to me like it could be a set up issue. You could have it set it up wrong when you went through the activation process and put in the wrong number into the set up screen.

Or did you have your number transfered from another carrier?

Call Customer service, I'm willing to bed something like that is going on.
    09-08-08 09:42 PM
    Welcome to CB!!
    09-08-08 09:45 PM
    thanks to all who replied. After I posted I lost my network connection in the hotel. Just back weekend for electronics. Went to Cellular South when I got back and the store said they were told to bolo for phones with this bug. Gave me a new one, and no problems.
    09-11-08 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD