iPhone 5 hands down.

If like BB, you should be attracted by the idea that the software maker and the hardware maker are the same.
    07-14-13 10:08 AM
    Quit your job unless they offer BB10 for you. I love how you say BlackBerry dropped the ball with your company but you were told due to low demand BB10 wouldn't be offered.

Is Thornton supposed to come to every company and make a pitch?

Just get the bold or get a new job. Did you go to the other Mobile Nations forums like imore.com and pose the same questions?

Nope you came to CB.

Ugh.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    LOL! Wow, calm down. At the end of the day, whether it's Android, Blackberry, or iPhone, it's just a phone. No reason to get all worked up about it. Just saying.
    07-14-13 10:38 AM
    I say offer someone in your IT department head if he/she will let you use a BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 10:51 AM
    thanks for the quick reply.
    I'm going to be stuck with whatever phone I choose for 3 years so support is a crucial element for me.
    I use navigation apps like waze, google maps..Also flights information apps like worldmate, Kayak Tripit, and so on...
    also airlines apps like Lufthansa, Iberia, KLM and so on.
    in addition apps like Alarm clocks, Fx Translators, location based information like Foursquare and video meetings services like Skype, Webex, Office live meeting, Polycom and and so on.
    If you need apps, the 9900 would be a poor choice.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    07-14-13 11:06 AM
    If you want a device that carry you forward three years reliably, I would still suggest the 9900 first and then the S3. S3 has enough paid apps to do what you need it to and has a decent list of hardware components but I am not sure it would be at par with the 9900 on keyboard or travel requirements. Battery life is decent in what I have seen but a spare battery will cover your basis. Rest I am sure you are aware of in trade off for choosing either.
    For travel, I would suggest iPhone. The passbook app is great for boarding passes. OTOH Android has airline apps too. Also important for me is support for Concur for expense reporting and an AutoFocus camera for scanning receipts. I don't know about Concur but the BB 9900 does not have an AF camera.

In the interests of full disclosure, I carry a 9900 and an iPhone 4S.
    07-14-13 11:12 AM
    The Bold is the way to go if email is your concern.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 11:44 AM
    Given your list of wants, I'd suggest, like some others here, a GS3 with SwiftKey. The larger screen size will make it a little easier to type.

With a 9900 you get the physical keyboard, but you'll be compromising on all the other items on your list.
    07-14-13 11:47 AM
    Given your list of wants, I'd suggest, like some others here, a GS3 with SwiftKey. The larger screen size will make it a little easier to type.

With a 9900 you get the physical keyboard, but you'll be compromising on all the other items on your list.
    Thanks. I know thats the logical choice but i realy have problem leaving to Android after so many years with BlackBerry. I guess I'm a little addicted..
    07-14-13 01:23 PM
    The Bold is the way to go if email is your concern.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks
    With the latest OS update, how long doea the battery last?
    07-14-13 01:25 PM
    Thanks
    With the latest OS update, how long doea the battery last?
    It's not much worse than the iPhone.
    07-14-13 02:13 PM
    For travel, I would suggest iPhone. The passbook app is great for boarding passes. OTOH Android has airline apps too. Also important for me is support for Concur for expense reporting and an AutoFocus camera for scanning receipts. I don't know about Concur but the BB 9900 does not have an AF camera.

In the interests of full disclosure, I carry a 9900 and an iPhone 4S.
    Here I agree, app selection and camera is better on iPhone and Android so on that basis S3 is what I would get, again opinion. Did not know about Passbook but I am partial to a good keyboard and Messages management on BB either way. I know little about how emails are handled on iOS
    Last edited by mrskycar; 07-14-13 at 02:38 PM.
    07-14-13 02:20 PM
    I've owned a 9900 and liked it. I had no issues with the battery but I've read others that have. I'm sure one could find any phone with battery issues if you search the forum.

I've owned an up and will never go back to that again.

Galaxy can't comment since I haven't used android. A lady at work has the g3 and claims the battery is poor - Again I'm not sure since I haven't tried one. Too bad they wouldn't at least let you have the G4 if that's the route you wanted to go.

Given your limited options I would pick between the Bold or S3.

Oddly though my work is supposed to letting us choose between an S4 or Note2. It's in the testing phase right now but I'm hoping they will have more choices when the time comes. I want an A10!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 02:48 PM
    This is crackberry. Why are you looking for advice about getting a different phone. There are other sites for that. Stop wasting our time...
    And yet you felt you had to waste your time by posting, not to mention my wasted time taken in reading your rude and unhelpful post?

Irony much?

OP asked a civil question. Most of the replies have been civil and helpful. If this thread is too much for you, maybe try another?
    m1a1mg likes this.
    07-14-13 04:31 PM
    The iphone keyboard is too small for lots of typing /email in my opinion

Posted via crackberry with AT&T Z10
    07-14-13 07:05 PM
    I recognize the irony. My honest reply to his post simply encourages him to use the proper site for his question as it would likely provide more adequate answers.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you locke7 for your reply even though I agree it was a prime example of rudness and lack of proper reading and facts gathering skills.
    I did after all asked the forum for advice on a BB device vs others.
    If you have some useful advice please share, if not go troll in other posts
    07-14-13 11:23 PM
    My husband uses the Bold 9900 for work due to security requirements. He has the Samsung Galaxy II as his personal phone. He types using the Swift key on the Galaxy but says that the Bold is better for emails etc . My friends with iPhones do not rate it well for typing long messages. They like it for face time, Video Star, Pinterest etc.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    07-14-13 11:51 PM
    Here I agree, app selection and camera is better on iPhone and Android so on that basis S3 is what I would get, again opinion. Did not know about Passbook but I am partial to a good keyboard and Messages management on BB either way. I know little about how emails are handled on iOS
    The same way they are handled on BB 10
    07-15-13 10:03 AM

This right here Although I prefer Swype over Swiftkey. There are multiple keyboards to try if you dont like the stock keyboard. The GS3 also has a removable battery so if battery life is a concern to you, you have the option of a larger battery or multiple batteries and swap them as needed.
    07-15-13 04:18 PM
43 12