My company (which is big so its a shame for BB..) is replacing all BBOS phones with Iphone 5 and Galaxy S3.
    they do not allow BYOD anymore so I've to choose between the phones they offer.

I'm a relatively power business user with 100-200 emails a day, many calls and go frequently on international travel.
    I really like and rely on my Bold physical keyboard and also like the OS. communication and business support apps are the main considerations for me. I would still love a good browser and I wont tolerate going forward (like I've today) issue lagging, RAM issues, battery pulls and not being able to put as many apps as I want due to memory constraints.

I was told that due to low demand, the new BB OS10 phones will not be offered to the employees

After complaining that I don't want either the Iphone and S3 I was told I can still pick the Bold 9900..
    My question to the forum members who have real experience with these phones, is what to choose?

Bold 9900 - Great legacy BB phone but some issues with battery life and I've question mark on BB support in the future as well as apps support (especially 3rd party apps)

Iphone 5 - too simplistic OS to me I believe and I'm not sure about the keyboard ease for a power user

Galaxy S3 - I prefer Android over IOS but I've the same questions on the keyboard and its fit to a business power user

Your help will be appreciated (I really hate the fact I wont be offered the Z10 or Q10 but its really BB fault for dropping the ball with my company)
    Last edited by elic18; 07-14-13 at 06:37 AM.
    07-14-13 05:52 AM
    [...]
    I was told my due to low demand, the new BB OS10 phones will not be offered to the employees
    [...]
    Your help will be appreciated (I really hate the fact I wont be offered the Z10 or Q10 but its really BB fault for dropping the ball with my company)
    You hate the fact you wont be offered the Z10 or Q10, but you are smilling about it? How strange is that?

--------------------

Calorie Monitor Pro for Z10, Q10, Q5 and PlayBook
    07-14-13 05:58 AM
    Emotions aside both are decent phones

I find the iphone hopeless to type on but my workaround was SIRI. It's very powerful and accurate

The email system was at first annoying but when you figure it out its fine. I so hear others complain about Exchage server problems

The S3 allows you to use alternative keyboards and is frankly easier to type on

If you require accuracy and lenghty emails maybe galaxy. If you a power user with short emails and not critical punctuation. Iphone

This assumes you are not using the phone for music. I mean if u have a big itunes library that's another point for iphone

My 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 06:05 AM
    If you deal with that many emails a day then it sounds like a physical keyboard would be hugely beneficial to you so I would say the 9900.
    You don't have to worry about support at least for another 2-3 years I would say.

What kind of apps does your business use and what would you want from the device?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 06:28 AM
    Update

My mistake I didn't read that the Bold was in the running

Of those BOLD. It is a great phone and maybe one of my favorites. In fact I have a Q and a Z but I may get another bold on ebay.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 06:35 AM
    oops, meant to add the sign. my mistake. thanks for catching it up. will edit it..
    07-14-13 06:36 AM
    thanks, no real multimedia use. I need fast and accurate keyboard as I use my phone as my main email driver over my laptop. that's my main concern
    07-14-13 06:39 AM
    I'd say go for the Bold, if its for business. Buy a second battery and have it charged and ready to go.
    07-14-13 06:43 AM
    I say take the 9900 for work and get your own personal bb,the q will be nice. Have the best of both worlds.

Also give you a way to keep your personal information out of the prying eyes of corporate.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 06:49 AM
    I'd say go for the Bold, if its for business. Buy a second battery and have it charged and ready to go.
    I would not buy anything for a company provided device, have the company purchase the chargers, the extra batteries and the cases for the phone if desired. But I am just mean that way.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    07-14-13 06:55 AM
    thanks for the quick reply.
    I'm going to be stuck with whatever phone I choose for 3 years so support is a crucial element for me.
    I use navigation apps like waze, google maps..Also flights information apps like worldmate, Kayak Tripit, and so on...
    also airlines apps like Lufthansa, Iberia, KLM and so on.
    in addition apps like Alarm clocks, Fx Translators, location based information like Foursquare and video meetings services like Skype, Webex, Office live meeting, Polycom and and so on.
    07-14-13 06:58 AM
    Potatoguy,
    how is the 9900 in terms of available memory for apps (real issue for me today)?
    also, how is the performance? lags, the infamous hourglass requiring battery pulls, and browser speed?
    07-14-13 07:02 AM
    Take the bold if you prefer the physical keyboard.

When i had the 9900 it was a great phone. But if you prefer the extra real estate of the screen go with one of the others.
    07-14-13 07:47 AM
    I'm going to be stuck with whatever phone I choose for 3 years so support is a crucial element for me.
    I use navigation apps like waze, google maps..Also flights information apps like worldmate, Kayak Tripit, and so on...
    in addition apps like Alarm clocks, Fx Translators, location based information like Foursquare and video meetings services like Skype, Webex, Office live meeting, Polycom and and so on.
    You need to place a value on the things you must have. If apps are an absolute, iPhone is probably your best choice. If email is the most important, the Bold.
    07-14-13 07:53 AM
    IPHONE 5

Posted via CB10
    raggdoll likes this.
    07-14-13 07:54 AM
    I wonder how many of the 100 to 200 emails are not work related??? Obviously the Bold with that many emails.

BlackBerry Z10- I use it for a phone and a computer
    07-14-13 07:56 AM
    Bold. I Love my 9930 and use it mainly for work email and texting and maps and of course the phone..
    07-14-13 08:01 AM
    three years! yikes. then iphone 5 definitely. you will get three new OSes in that time. GS3 is already not being fully supported. and the battery life on gs3 is terrible.
    ridiculous that they won't get you the q10. maybe you can call bbry and geta sales guy to pitch them.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    07-14-13 08:03 AM
    Quit your job unless they offer BB10 for you. I love how you say BlackBerry dropped the ball with your company but you were told due to low demand BB10 wouldn't be offered.

Is Thornton supposed to come to every company and make a pitch?

Just get the bold or get a new job. Did you go to the other Mobile Nations forums like imore.com and pose the same questions?

Nope you came to CB.

Ugh.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    07-14-13 08:04 AM
    The Swiftkey keyboard in Android phones is similar to the one on BB10, it's just a different style.

I have used both, and have found that I was much faster with Swiftkey flow than with the Z10 keyboard. For glass keyboard beginners the Z10 keyboard easy to learn, but if you know the qwerty layout by heart, Swiftkey flow is the fastest. And if Swiftkey doesn't fit your style, there are alternatives like the Google keyboard, Swype, and others.

But remember the keyboards are not the whole story here. Editing what you typed is a significant part of typing productivity. If you are replying to this post, pay attention to how many times you went back to revise a word choice, choose a different phrasing, backspaced, moved stuff around. That's main problem with the Z10 keyboard - text selection is so clumsy that it almost negates the keyboard.
    07-14-13 08:29 AM
    99.9% are work related. for social communication I use whatsup all on IOS/Androids now..
    07-14-13 08:39 AM
    yeah, its such BS. I know..
    the demand for Blackberry is so low that less than 1% of the employees opted to have a new BB device..so IT don't want to support it at all as some investment is needed and they don't want to spend it for such low demand
    just shows you how low has BlackBerry fallen.
    07-14-13 08:42 AM
    Quit your job unless they offer BB10 for you. I love how you say BlackBerry dropped the ball with your company but you were told due to low demand BB10 wouldn't be offered.

Is Thornton supposed to come to every company and make a pitch?

Just get the bold or get a new job. Did you go to the other Mobile Nations forums like imore.com and pose the same questions?

Nope you came to CB.

Ugh.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    I'm not sure if this reply has some hidden humor in it or it's serious. I truly hope its option 1.
    07-14-13 08:44 AM
    If you want a device that carry you forward three years reliably, I would still suggest the 9900 first and then the S3. S3 has enough paid apps to do what you need it to and has a decent list of hardware components but I am not sure it would be at par with the 9900 on keyboard or travel requirements. Battery life is decent in what I have seen but a spare battery will cover your basis. Rest I am sure you are aware of in trade off for choosing either.
    Last edited by mrskycar; 07-14-13 at 09:31 AM.
    07-14-13 09:03 AM
    I'm not sure if this reply has some hidden humor in it or it's serious. I truly hope its option 1.
    Sadly, I think he's serious. There are some here on CB who seem to have side-stepped into an different reality.

The post that still makes me chuckle was the guy who suggested to someone who needed multiple alarms on their Z10 that they change their entire lifestyle so they only needed the single alarm the Z10 had. LOL

Back on topic, I'd also go for the S3 with swiftkey.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    07-14-13 09:08 AM
43 12