Ok, right now I have went over my sms my $38.25. My parents don't know yet My question: I have unlimited data, can I sent a sms via the data network like an email? And also, if I use the firewall to block sms, does that still show up on my bill? I have att. Thanks and prey for me! This is urgent so feel free to contact me at anytime through my email: [email protected] or through pin:241eacb9 (I just don't have bbm) Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-08 09:53 PM
    No you cant use data to send sms. Sorry man. Dont know about the firewall thing
    06-12-08 09:55 PM
    You could just give your parents the $38.25.....
    06-12-08 09:56 PM
    Also, if I block sms, can I get them later somehow?

06-12-08 09:58 PM
    You should use BB messenger. It runs on data. I'm sure your all your friends don't have BB's but it would help. About the bill, ask them can you cut the grass or something. And w/ATT it doesn't cost much to make your txting unlimited.

06-12-08 09:59 PM
    If oly I had that money... Just bought a case for my bb and I pay for my own data plan, so I am broke.

06-12-08 09:59 PM
    Sorry about my spelling, my fingers are shaking...

06-12-08 10:00 PM
    Get a texting plan.

06-12-08 10:02 PM
    Also, I forgot to mention, I thought I saw this thing on wikipidia about sending sms like an email, but can't find it again. Also I would love to get bbm, but NONE of my friends have a bb, no matter how much I try to get them to switch oh well...

06-12-08 10:03 PM
    If your parents call ATT and tell them that you didn't know your texting limits or you didn't realize it, they might drop the additional cost. Sprint has done this for me before when I use to not have unlimited texting with my other phone, I told them I didn't realize it and they dropped the charge. Also I know with other phones if you don't open the text, you won't be charged for it, not sure about bb's though. Don't count on using this excuse again if it works though, just try to get unlimited texting, it doesn't cost that much. Just use your lunch money.
    06-12-08 10:05 PM
    I have a texting plan, but we have been reviewing spanish and Earth Science latly, and I get very board... Sad thing is, I still am one of the best in my class and I am on here all day

06-12-08 10:05 PM
    In addition to all the suggestions above, you could maybe recognize your parents are providing you a convenience, and try, going forward, rather than trying to circumvent the system, or hide anything, simply out of respect for how hard they work to provide for your needs and wants, use the BB responsibly.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-12-08 at 10:10 PM.
    06-12-08 10:07 PM
    Right now I have my network off and I'm on wi-fi, I am scared of what will happen when I turn it back on.....

06-12-08 10:07 PM
    Well I know I should tell them, and I won't sent any more messages, but that doesn't stop others. I guss that is my real problem.

06-12-08 10:10 PM
    If you come clean and tell your parents you made a little mistake and you're sorry, I'm sure they'll be more lenient on you than if they just found out. Who knows, they may just bail you out THIS time and tell you to make sure there's no next time.
    06-12-08 10:11 PM
    In addition to all the suggestions above, you could maybe recognize your parents are providing you a convenience, and try, going forward, rather than trying to circumvent the system, or hide anything, simply out of respect for how hard they work to provide for your need and wants, use the BB responsibly.
    Well put. Respect what your parents do for you by telling them, and maybe everything will work out. I'm sure they would rather you tell them the charge than see it on the bill.
    06-12-08 10:11 PM
    Well I know I should tell them, and I won't sent any more messages, but that doesn't stop others. I guss that is my real problem.

Just call your friends and tell them to stop texting you. If they don't care what you say then they're not your friends. And I know some friends like to bust balls, but be serious when you say it and hopefully they will listen.
    06-12-08 10:13 PM
    Well, I know and I will tell them. But I NEED to know if this firewall thing will work BEFORE I tell them. Because if I tell them the piece now, and at the end of the month it is like $50 from others, then I am in trouble.

06-12-08 10:15 PM
    How did you find out you were over before your parents? I was always in trouble for going over. How old are you Cooper?

06-12-08 10:15 PM
    But I guess from now on, I will be spending more time on cb than texting. That's for sure Thank god email and internet is unlimited for me, or this would be much, much worse.

06-12-08 10:18 PM
    Well tyler, I was on medianet checking my account when I saw this and almost put my bb down! (That is very rare) as for my age, I will only say I will be in high school next year. Also I would like to say bb pim apps are great for school use. I don't just use my bb to text or I would get one of those weird regular phones

06-12-08 10:22 PM
    Nice. I will be a sophomore in high school next year. Do you have any sort of job?

06-12-08 10:25 PM
    If you come clean and tell your parents you made a little mistake and you're sorry, I'm sure they'll be more lenient on you than if they just found out. Who knows, they may just bail you out THIS time and tell you to make sure there's no next time.
    I agree. As a parent, I appreciate my kids being honest.
    06-12-08 10:28 PM
    Ya, my dad always says its better to ask for forgiveness, than to ask for permission. If that helps.

06-12-08 10:29 PM
    Again, my parents and I get along very well. But 11:30 pm is not the time to tell them. I will do that tomorrow. But leving at 6:45am, it will have to wait until about 2, or I could send an email, but that would not be a good idea. But I need to know about the firewall thing before I owe them any more money. (My friends get board in spanish too)

06-12-08 10:33 PM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD