Hi everyone,
    So when I get done doing something and I put it back in the case it came in - it looks like its turned off. The next time I go to grab it the light is on and the batter is on red or completely shut down with no power.

Yesterday - i purposely watched it as I put it in my case and the light went out. This morning it wouldn't turn on - not even enough juice for that.

This is beyond ridiculous. What am I doing wrong?

What do I do when I'm searching the web or using an app to make sure I turn that off in the background so it shuts off and conserves battery properly?

I think I need to take it back and exchange -uggh!!
    06-25-08 08:54 AM
    Always close apps by hitting Menu- Close.
    Hold the Alt key and press the Back key. This shows what's open and running, then close what you're not using.
    Keep Bluetooth off.
    Charge the BB as often as possible. Topping off is better than draining it too low.

If you really are having this much trouble, I would go to the AT&T store and request a new battery - I just did this last week, and it was no problem.
    06-25-08 09:04 AM
    So topping off won't ruin the battery life - I always heard to let them run down and then recharge.

As it stands now - i'm having to plug it into the powersource in the car or wall just to use and sometimes its so drained I can't do anything for a while.
    06-25-08 09:20 AM
    So topping off won't ruin the battery life - I always heard to let them run down and then recharge.

As it stands now - i'm having to plug it into the powersource in the car or wall just to use and sometimes its so drained I can't do anything for a while.
    06-25-08 09:20 AM
    Check this out -

Maximum Battery Life - BlackBerryFAQ
    06-25-08 09:22 AM
    When you put it in the sleeve it is not turning it off. It is just putting it to "sleep" per say, but it is still on. Be that as it may it sounds like you may have a bad battery. I use my 8320 all day long and still have about 45% battery left when I charge it at night. Go back to your carrier and request a new battery.
    06-25-08 09:26 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/ove...battery-44937/

I like this above thread about charging the battery...check it.
    06-25-08 09:39 AM
    Wow- Those were two great resources. Thanks guys- I had no idea and I'm glad I found this out now.

Just turned off the bluetooth and I'm going to go see what else I can fix and try to make sure I turn apps off- I think this all is my fault- just have to figure out how to use it properly. I'm used to a palm and a regular phone that just go to sleep without anything else running.
    06-25-08 10:07 AM
    06-25-08 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD