This happens fairly often.

curve/t-mobile

I'll try to surf using the mobile network then device will stop loading, gives hour glass every 5 seconds.

exit out of browser, still gives hour glass every 5 seconds with no apps running.

pull battery, try again.

another issue is i'll loose connectivity to my mobile network, everything will be fine then boom.

check browser settings, browser has reverted to: hotzone or tzone instead of internet browser.

options > adv options > host routing table > menu > register now

this fixes the problem most of the times, providing i can get re-registered with RIM, sometimes this fails and problem persists.

device issue or network issue?
    no WiFi
    mobile connect via EDGE
    i'm sitting in the same spot the whole time.

can anyone shed some light?
    09-06-08 03:22 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Humm.... I would be tempted to re-install the original carrier OS v4.2.2.180 and try it again.

09-06-08 10:38 AM
    this is annoying, anyone else have tmobile? i keep loosing my data network and cannot connect to BIS either.
    09-07-08 01:33 AM
    I have discovered something interesting about UMA.

I have a couple of cordless phones, if one of them is in use, my UMA connection drops back to EDGE.

Cordless phones use the same 2.4 GHz radio frequency as Wifi.

Unfortunatly, they do not show up in a Site Survey. This would explain a lot of the intermittent connection issues, particularly when you are using it in an apartment building.

Don't know it this applies to your situation, but it does explain a lot of the strange behaviour reported with UMA.
    09-07-08 10:41 AM
    wow never knew that...what a stinker.

and no, i was out in front of starbucks....no apartments nearby.

wasn't on UMA either.

i get dropped from EDGE to edge and loose mobile net and BIS
    09-07-08 03:43 PM
    wow never knew that...what a stinker.

and no, i was out in front of starbucks....no apartments nearby.

wasn't on UMA either.

i get dropped from EDGE to edge and loose mobile net and BIS
    What kind of sites do you go on? What happens when you go to mobile, simple sites, such as google? Try disabling your javascript in the browser settings.
    09-07-08 03:53 PM
    Hey C32C7,
    Did you ever fix the backup problems,im having the exact errors and with the same apps. Need help!
    12-09-08 10:27 AM
    Found the problem,I cleared all the content cache,pushed content,cookie cache and went into security options and cleaned the memory,backed up perfectly..
    12-09-08 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD