First time post guys n girls so be patient with me lol. Hopefully I have put this in the right place....

I wish to jump ship from my crappy Sony Ericsson K850i to a berry! But which one.

Tbh I am in love with the bold but it has been out for a while now and I would rather get the newest handset. Secondly I am intrigued by the 9630 yet to be released but lack of wifi is a concern.

I have basically narrowed down my choices to these two handsets and was wondering if there was anything outweighing the other in terms of performance and functionality.

Personal opinions on preferred handsets would be appreciated also, Thanks.
    03-21-09 05:18 PM
    what is your carrier? bold is att or any gsm if its unlocked. and 9630 is verizon. so if you have free choice of carriers i would say go with att or tmobile which ever has better coverage near you. and go with the curve 8900 on tmobile or the bold on att or either if unlocked. if you are on verizon then the bold is out of the question. and if you are on sprint you have to wait even longer than verizon.
    03-21-09 05:29 PM
    I am on tmobile uk..But my contract is now up so Im a free agent.
    03-21-09 05:33 PM
    Thanks for your insight dude
    03-21-09 05:34 PM
    did you like tmobile? if so stay with them because then you can pic between 8900 or unlocked bold. that is what i would do theya re both very new and the 9630 is just tryign to be a cdma version of these except the bold and 8900 have wifi so i would go with one of them.
    03-21-09 06:10 PM
    yeah no gripes with them whatsoever. I think id pick the bold over the 8900 simply based on aesthetics it looks awesome. Given that it would be an unlocked bold would I have any functions restricted due to lack of service on the providers end?
    03-21-09 06:23 PM
    no none long as you have a data plan. only downside is it will be more expensive to go that route so i might consider att. or another carrier that has the bold in uk.
    03-21-09 07:12 PM
    Go with the phone that makes you happy. Go out and play with all of them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 07:35 PM
    Im just about to order the Bold guys, thanks.
    03-23-09 08:18 AM
    Yea I would say the Bold is your best option. Good luck with it, and make sure to bookmark Crackberry.com, it is an invaluable resource.

Here is another good BB site from the UK.....

Berry 365 - The UK's number one site for all things BlackBerry
    03-23-09 08:43 AM
    The bold's been out but it's certainly one of the newer models...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 10:17 AM
    cant go wrong with the bold
    03-23-09 10:34 AM
    Im just about to order the Bold guys, thanks.
    You definitely won't be disappointed. Good choice.
    03-23-09 10:52 AM
    I would give both phones a try and see which one you like better. If I had the choice between the Bold or the 8900, I would choose the Bold. For the sole purpose that it does have WiFi and the keyboard is a bit bigger.

-Luis
    03-23-09 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD