So my trackball decided to just fall out and then break all over the place. So now there's a big empty nothing where the trackball should be. Needless to say my BB doesn't do anything anymore. So I have a question.

1. Is it possible to repair this, or does the BBbaby need to be replaced completely?
    2. If it can be repaired, how much do you think it will typically cost?
    3. I don't know if it matters at all, but a teeny tiny sticker that was on the computer like looking thing behind where the trackball would go also fell off. For some reason I think it was important.

Help me. I am depressed without my Blackberry!
    02-20-10 10:45 PM
    I'm not able to provide you with any links (the BulletinBoard won't let me post link before I have 10 posts...) but if you check out the CrackBerry front page, you'll be able to find the trackball replacement part. And on that page there's also a YouTube how-to video... Seems fairly easy!
    02-20-10 10:48 PM
    If your device is less than a year old it's under warranty, call customer service. If you need parts try HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center �

The space key will scroll down, T=Top, B=Bottom
    02-20-10 10:55 PM
    You can get a new trackball and retaining ring at DealsiShop.
    They are a located in Newark, DE so turnaround time should be minimal.

Replacing it is simply a matter of seating it and putting the ring back on.
    02-20-10 10:57 PM
    Also your lucky, you can easily replace your trackball, that is if you still have a 8310. The newer bb's you have to void your warranty to replace the trackball. :<
    02-20-10 10:59 PM
    The Crackberry store has them, plus you can find them on ebay and elsewhere on the internet.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=kGg_A5LD
    02-20-10 11:00 PM
    I'm SOO confused! I don't have a trackball, or a ring anymore. Or, from research, what is apparently called the "Dome Sticker". Is this whole dome sticker thing true, or am I getting ripped off?

PS. No longer under warranty!
    02-20-10 11:03 PM
    I'm SOO confused! I don't have a trackball, or a ring anymore. Or, from research, what is apparently called the "Dome Sticker". Is this whole dome sticker thing true, or am I getting ripped off?

You mean this...

BlackBerry OEM trackball dome - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G, Sony,

It's available out there too.
    02-20-10 11:10 PM

ALL you need is a trackball and the retaining ring. Nothing else.
    02-20-10 11:11 PM
    The dome sticker doesn't just fall out. It takes some work to get it out. You should be fine with a replacement trackball and ring.
    02-20-10 11:21 PM
    I'm positive the dome sticker fell off. Thanks for everyone's advice, I guess I'll just order the parts and play operation.
    02-20-10 11:37 PM
    I have added some pics here. Pic 1 dome intact, pic 2 dome gone. Which does yours look like? Hard to tell difference unless you look very close. Look closely as in pic2 you can see inner and outer contacts. I would like the pics to be a little bigger, but look close. This is an 8310 I'm using for an example.
    Last edited by Outatime97; 02-21-10 at 12:10 AM.
    02-21-10 12:04 AM
    As a clue, the dome is usually orange-yellow and looks like a plastic sticker. It's actually the part that does the click action so it is necessary.

However, if you are ordering a trackball, order the dome and maybe a spare trackball at the same time - only pay one shipping. Trackballs fail regularly, and it really does sound like you need the dome.
    02-21-10 01:34 PM
    You can get the whole set up for $2.95 @ fonlogix.us unless u just want to pay 15bux for one here @ crackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by cherryjuice; 02-21-10 at 01:57 PM.
    02-21-10 01:43 PM
    Mine is definitely picture number 2. i just ordered a new trackball, so i guess i will go ahead and order the dome sticker from someplace. boooo now i have to wait another week. thanks for your help everyone!
    02-23-10 05:23 PM
    Good news! Its an easy fix. Ball assembly or sensor board.

Get help if you are nervous.

PS: not sure how it "fell out"... That's not easy to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD