Hey there! I have been thinking about getting a blackberry. I have Verizon and am due for an upgrade on May 6th. What blackberry would you reccomend for a first timer? I have also heard the rumors about the Niagra, should I just wait it out or go for the Curve? Any advice would be great. Thanks!
    04-06-09 05:50 PM
    Niagra is soon to be released, not sure if there's a date listed yet!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 05:53 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/so...ed-vzw-196959/

04-06-09 05:56 PM
    Hey there! I have been thinking about getting a blackberry. I have Verizon and am due for an upgrade on May 6th. What blackberry would you reccomend for a first timer? I have also heard the rumors about the Niagra, should I just wait it out or go for the Curve? Any advice would be great. Thanks!
    I normally don't get involved in these threads because, honestly, I couldn't care less, but I'm feeling happy today.

First off, what phone do you currently have? This should point us in the right direction.

You'll get a lot of people who swear by the Curve. I've played on a few of them before and I will say, if I didn't have a Bold, I'd go for the Curve (8900, of course).
    04-06-09 06:08 PM
    I normally don't get involved in these threads because, honestly, I couldn't care less, but I'm feeling happy today.

First off, what phone do you currently have? This should point us in the right direction.

You'll get a lot of people who swear by the Curve. I've played on a few of them before and I will say, if I didn't have a Bold, I'd go for the Curve (8900, of course).
    Same here.

For a first timer I always recommend the Curve.

If it's not your first smartphone, I see no reason to not wait out for the Niagra.
    04-06-09 06:19 PM
    As the Niagra is speculated for a May/June release, again that is speculated so it is on you if you want to wait or not. The Niagra is "supposed" to be very good.

If it does come out around the time for your upgrade, I say try it out. If you are not sure though, the Curve is a great phone for a new bb user.
    04-06-09 06:34 PM
    thanks for feeling happy today I currently have the LG Voyager. It's okay. I don't really like the touch part of it but that's about it. I know alot of people that have blackberrys and wanted to maybe try one of those. any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
    04-06-09 06:39 PM
    go for the curve you will not be sorry.
    04-06-09 06:50 PM
    I'm thinking Curve for you.
    04-06-09 06:52 PM
    I love my Curve, my boyfriend loves his Bold! I started on the Pearl which I think is a great starter if you don't mind the abbreviated keyboard.

04-06-09 06:56 PM
    Why do u want a blackberry?

04-06-09 07:55 PM
    Get a bold best phone out there!

04-06-09 08:03 PM
    Go for it and get a curve.
    04-06-09 09:05 PM
    Curve is a great phone. You may also like a pearl. I loved my pearl.

04-06-09 09:29 PM
    I would say go with the curve also. It is my first bb I got in dec. - it is a very solid phone/multi-tasking device! And it wasn't that hard to learn anything on-and I'm still learning new things on it.

04-06-09 09:35 PM
    Curve is a solid and capable device. Gives you a balance that makes it easy to build upon, and lots of customization is available. Accessories are plentiful, and it is very stable device.

04-06-09 10:23 PM
    Hey - I am also a verizon user and just upgraded to the Curve 8330 from the Pearl 8130. The Pearl was pretty good but the Curve is truly a nicer device with a bigger screen & full keyboard. Although I think I really did prefer the Suretype keyboard because I was able to type fast with, but its not for everyone. I was just pretty used to the T9-esque format with phones at that point.

Anyway, would definitely recommend the Curve! Good luck choosing!
    Last edited by camille016; 04-06-09 at 10:46 PM.
    04-06-09 10:44 PM
    I recommend the Curve. It's a nice device. I recently upgraded the os to 4.5 and it's even better!

04-06-09 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD