Help Me Decide Pleassssse Read This Please
02-10-09 02:19 PM
- Bold Vs. Storm
I had both phones for a week. I had the storm for 3 days, I liked it but it's riddled with problems. I live and feed off of metro detroit craigslist so i get them interchangeably just like my ps3 i had for a couple days and such. See my theory is, put $400 bucks aside by WHATEVER i want on impulse use it until i am sick of it and then resell for a profit and repeat. So for the past 2 weeks i've had ... Blackberry flip, Curve, pearl, Storm, Bold, Another Curve, and the 8820 ( All used with at&t). Overall I liked the keyboard on the dinky little curve the best. The key placement is outstanding, but after a while my fingers hurt which is why i like the keyboard on the BOLD for long term. This thread is about BOLD VS. Storm, but I though i would give you guys some background info. I won't go back to curve because the screen isn't up to par with the Storm or the bold. And even though the storm is only EDGE (just like the curve), it's still faster (newer phone though). Here is my dillema, I used the BOLD ........and loved it.....sounds boring huh, and that's pricsicely my point, the bold is an outstanding, open and GREAAATT device. It's a dream blackberry....but that's the ceiling. I got the storm, it was buggy, laggy, but fast and great at the same time, AND I LOVED IT. NO 3g NO WIFI NOT the better Screen HARDER to type. But i loved it. But with verizon dropping it to $199 today buy one get one free *in my area... i unloaded it faster than a man with a gun running from the cops trying to bury evidence. I paid $300, $40 for unlock sold for $375. I always turn a profit that's not the issue. The issue is as FOllows I have 2 option tommorrow. I can get a Blackberry Storm and Blackberry Bold. The bold is a dream machine and I have at&t so it's 3g, The Storm is POTENTIAL alot more than the bold , i feel like it's reached it's ceiling. The bold feels old but wise and tested, the storm is new makes mistakes and has an attitude problem. I want to know which one to get so:
1. Which one do you think will be more valuable in the long run - 1year+(valuable to it's owner not monetary)
2. Do you really think RIM is serious to fix and support the Storm in the long run.
3. Which one do you see fufilling the needs of the user more without fustration.
4. Which one do you think will have more support from the community and developers.
5. Which one do you find more revolutionary in the sense that i won't get sick of it like every other product.
6. Which one do you see as the "SAFER SMARTER" Candidate for someone who uses 1500+ minues and 5000 texts a month with email and IM included.
I don't know which phone to committ to, which one can i "get the most" out of and which one has more "depth" to where i will always find better ways of improvement.
I don't think I want a phone I think I need a MAMMOTH
I KNOW THE BOLD IS CONVENIENT BECAUSE OF TRADITIONAL lOOK AND BETTER RUNNING, AND THE STORM IS A NEW CONCEPT. BUT WHICH ONEEEEe???? I ONLY HAVE 8 HOURS TO PICK02-10-09 12:45 AM
- its true what some users have said. you'll never be happy with what phone you have. im the same way. i LOVE LOVE LOVE my blackberry storm BUT there are times when i just need my keyboard. for instance, when i get my nails done. the storm doesn't seem to like them and it is harder for me to use. so during that time i just switch to my BLACKBERRY CURVE and i'm a happy camper. then i'm over the CURVE i go back to my STORM. its a vicious cycle.02-10-09 01:19 AM
- dang...i really want to just love and settle down with that special phone.....if the storm was compatible with 3g it would win i think...damn i want the bold too though...
i think it boils down to what[s better in the long run...who will get more support from RIM and community, i dont want them to just throw the storm to the curb, with the price drop i see that happening....02-10-09 01:26 AM
- i will always and forever love my blackberry storm. like any first generation phones it is going to have its ups and downs. as someone new to the blackberry world, you will need the give the storm a little bit a time. RIM will not forget about it and they are working everyday to make the storm better and better. we all just need to give it time and the storm will be the hottest phone ever.02-10-09 01:28 AM
- Honestly, you should probably get both for the time being. One to satisfy your touchscreen craving and another to satisfy the "wise old" side. Then when the 9520 Storm comes out for Rogers, you can just settle with one of those since it'll have NA 3G and WiFi.
I personally went for the Bold though. I'm also on AT&T. I'll tell you why.
I did some Craigslist phone trading for a while in a similar fashion.
Why I won't switch to an unlocked Storm in its current form is because it's mostly a hack to get it working on AT&T. I mean, you may find that fun (I do too). But then even after you get it working, at the end of the day... you'll find yourself on the archaic EDGE network (without the new EDGE optimizations of the Javelin). Just EDGE compared to the Bold, which has 3G and WiFi. You might not notice the speed difference on the Bold itself, but I talk a lot on the phone and it helps to be able to do simultaneous talking/data via 3G. And if you have a WiFi connection, even better/faster! This is my only phone, so it's gotta do it all.
I can see why people aren't swaying you from the Storm. It's because most people with a Storm are on Verizon. Verizon has a very, very good network with good coverage and speeds. When the Storm is unlocked, you are stuck with either T-Mobile or AT&T EDGE, without WiFi.
Ultimately, it's up to you. But if you are on AT&T and you are forcing yourself to choose only one, I'd tell you to choose the Bold until the GSM Storm comes out.02-10-09 01:56 AM
- that reply was "gorgeous" ... jk
thanks i feel the same way, but it's almost like i WANT myself to like the storm better while knowing the bold IS better for at&t
it's like the elementary school teacher you take home for your mom to meet compared to that hard rock chick who makes you tingle inside when you see her... man what a decision02-10-09 02:05 AM
- Me too. I know how you feel. I'm looking at a couple of Storms myself now, but then before I pull the trigger, I ask myself.. if I want a touchscreen, why wouldn't I just get an original iPhone for $200 and call it a day?
I guess the iPhone is so played out and everything (even the hacks) are so automatic.. no more jailbreakme.com from activation screen bug by dialing random digits and calling the device and getting to the address book. Those were the good days of iPhone hacking. Now everything is just in Cydia.
So current the Storm is that past iPhone for you. It's still very new, very fresh, and very naive, so you want it just to tinker around with it and find something new.
Really depends what you want.02-10-09 02:15 AM
- Sigh... I had both the original iphone and the 3g. The 3g was just a much better phone overall.
I know you want this or that, blah blah but go for the smartest fastest most reliable option and go for the bold. You switch your phones as often as you do your underwear or I drink coffee.
I say this with the upmost respect... There are way more important things in the world, and you seem to spend a LOT of time worrying about a cell phone... I get the impression you don't drive yet, or even really date... focus on the bold, and the future proof design and hardware platform it has. The storm is a first gen POS. When the second revision comes out, I might even jump ship from the bold.
Just my 2c
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com02-10-09 01:48 PM
- I have a Storm, and I love it. I never had to return it for replacement, I'm still running the official OS. I'm very happy with it. With that said, I'd probably recommend you get the Bold. Unless you're very patient, go with the more stable product, which I THINK is gonna be the Bold. Like I said, I love my Storm, and I've had zero issues with it. But there does seem to be a higher CHANCE of problems with the Storm.02-10-09 02:03 PM
- Popular at CrackBerry
- General BlackBerry Discussion
Help Me Decide Pleassssse Read This Please
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD