-----

I've taken a long time to try to decide on a case for my BB. I need to wear it on my waist (don't have pockets) and much as I'd like to stay away from the bulk...I think I need a flip case to protect the screen. I don't want a flip that snaps on the back or front, but just hangs to the bottom. I'm having trouble deciding on the two below. Can you take a look and give me an opinion or two?

Noreve Blackberry Curve Flip Case
    Blackberry Source.com - Noreve BlackBerry Curve Flip Case (Black)

EBCase (eNOVO RIM Curve r/clip)
    ebcases.com - Quality leather cases and accessory for Smartphones, PDA, MP3, GPS, Cell Phones and many other handheld devices

-----
    06-23-08 05:51 PM
    Ummmm well i like the first one out of the two but here this is what im using and i absolutey love it and it has a clip too

CLEAR HARD CASE COVER FOR BLACKBERRY 8300 8310 CURVE - eBay (item 300235920847 end time Jun-23-08 16:34:14 PDT)
    06-23-08 05:54 PM
    Check the kiosks at your local mall..they have good cheap cases fo BB's

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 06:22 PM
    I am using the clear case from Speck, almost identical to the one RE Pro linked to

It is solid, adds very little bulk,protects the majority of the device
    and if you go to aT-mobile store to get it, it's $10. Does not have
    a magnet so remember to put it in standby.

Or if you are me, get creative, and put one in yourself
    06-23-08 07:37 PM
    -----

You guys have me real curious now. On that clear case...tell me more. Is the keyboard covered with something so it's harder to type? Is the clip real flat so the BB doesn't sort of hang off your waist? Does the case interfere with the beautiful screen I now have on my BB? Seriously, tell me more about those clear cases.

-----
    06-23-08 10:10 PM
    Cb - I don't personally use a case, but wow! Haven't seen you on cb in forever! Welcome back!!

06-23-08 10:12 PM
    Speck case.
    Does not cover the keyboard at all. So no effect on typing

If you stick with the clear, it won't interfere with
    your view of the screen (But I think I may be less
    "anal" about that than you - no offense, just sayin')

Clip is quite low profile.

Not sure if they yet make one for the 8330 yet
    06-23-08 10:14 PM
    Check the kiosks at your local mall..they have good cheap cases fo BB's

Those cheap cases will scratch areas on your berry.
    06-23-08 10:14 PM
    -----

First, jenaywins, I've never ever ever been missed on a forum before. You made my day.

I think I'll end up with what both RealEstatePro and amazinglygracessless have. Since the first one was so cheap...I did a buy-it-now and for the life of me I don't know how RealEstatePro managed to pay. They have their own check-out process and after having advertized free shipping they added $2 for insurance which I couldn't take off, then made me go thru an Ad for cash back on future purchases, which I was unable to deny. It kept taking me back to the Ad when I clicked on "No, Thanks." I finally just wrote to the seller and asked what's up anyhow. He/she's sold about a million of those things so I think they're getting rich on insurance. haha

Thanks for everybody's imput here. I'm always interested in hearing what others think of certain cases. I'm gonna try that clear case, then decide if I need a flap to cover the face. Yea, I'm pretty anal about stuff...hahahahaha....2 dollars....hahahaha. Ah geez, it's getting late.

-----
    06-23-08 11:16 PM
    I will say the clear case is great it protects the whole phone and at the same time is very accessible in regards to the keyboard,volume keys and usb port...its comes with an optional clip that you can use if you decide to... i use the original leather holster that came with my 8830 and the clear case slides in and out of the holster no problem (without the clip on it that is)... but for under 10$ you cant go wrong... i have dropped mine several times and when i took the case off this afternoon for its weekly cleaning/dusting (yes im anal as well about keeping it clean) its still looks as new as the day I took it out of the box....hope it works out for you! PS this case does not cover your screen or keyboard... so you may want to buy a screen protector for ultimate protection
    Last edited by RealEstatePro; 06-24-08 at 12:28 AM.
    06-24-08 12:26 AM
    Cb - glad I could make your day, haha.

I have a few members whose posts I enjoy reading, so when they go MIA, I notice.

06-24-08 12:29 AM
    Can anyone tell me if an InvisibleShield would interfere with one of those clear cases?
    06-24-08 12:44 AM
    Can anyone tell me if an InvisibleShield would interfere with one of those clear cases?
    not sure i Have a BSE on mine and i had to take off the Side protectors for the clear case to fit however the front and back protectors are still on and it fits fine (tight but fine)
    06-24-08 12:46 AM
    The side protectors are kind of pointless anyway, what with the rubber side panels. But that's good info.
    06-24-08 12:53 AM
    The side protectors are kind of pointless anyway, what with the rubber side panels. But that's good info.
    Ya i have the 8830 so i have the chrome side panels
    06-24-08 12:57 AM
    Ah. There I go with my Curve bias again... In that case I could see them being useful.
    06-24-08 12:58 AM
    -----

Okay you guys, I found something a little different, if you can trust your BB not to jump out of this one. Whatdayathink?

Seidio Crystal/Rubberized Skin Case Holster
    Blackberry Curve Cases - Seidio Crystal/Rubberized Skin Case Holster

-----
    06-24-08 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD