I have the chance to get a BB and my choices are World Edition, Pearl or Curve. Never having one, I can't make up my mind! Thoughts on each, likes / dislikes?
    05-29-08 03:07 PM
    I have the Pearl and I couldn't be happier. Here are the major issues you should consider about these phones:

The World Edition is gorgeous and is very functional. It also features the full qwerty keyboard. It is, however, the largest of the three phones and also does NOT have a camera. If you want a smaller phone or must have a camera, the WE is not for you.

The Curve and the Pearl are essentially the same functionality wise. The Curve is slightly larger and fits comfourtably in the palm of your hand. Also, the Curve has the full qwerty keyboard, whereas the Pearl utilized SureType. The Curve also has a larger screen than the Pearl does.

All three phones are great. Basically it comes down to three things:

1. Whether you want a camera
    2. What size phone you prefer
    3. Whether you want SureType or the full qwerty.

Hope this helps - good luck!!
    05-29-08 03:19 PM
    jeanaywins won. Doesnt get any better explained than that.
    05-29-08 03:23 PM
    i agree GoDJ that jenaywins explained it rather well. ;-)
    05-29-08 03:31 PM
    Definitely a good explanation already given here. I'd also recommend going to a phone store and play with all of them that you can....
    05-29-08 03:38 PM
    Never having one, I am alittle unsure about the typing on the pearl. I had rather have the pearl b/c i like the size but I am not sure how hard it is going to be to use the keyboard.
    05-29-08 03:54 PM
    Definitely a good explanation already given here. I'd also recommend going to a phone store and play with all of them that you can....
    I agree, go play with them. The phones that is.

I did not realize the size of the pearl until I seen it in the store.

So do some research on this site, and the net, gather your facts and spend some time in the store. You will fall in love, and walk out a happy person
    05-29-08 03:58 PM
    Without poking fun at jenay or roseyflame ... I got many messages that had me crying laughing from pearl users. Like "do you want to go but" when it should have said "do you want to go out" LMAO and "she gas something for you" instead of "she has something for you"
    05-29-08 03:59 PM
    Never having one, I am alittle unsure about the typing on the pearl. I had rather have the pearl b/c i like the size but I am not sure how hard it is going to be to use the keyboard.

I have had some sort of phone with a full qwerty keyboards, and I tried a co-workers pear, just to show her how to set up her email, and could not stand it just for that short of time. My hat is off to the pearl users, I don't know how they type.
    05-29-08 04:01 PM
    Aw thanks you guys.

As for the SureType on the Pearl, it does take some getting used to. It took me a few days to get the feel for it when I first got my Pearl. However, now I would never text any other way. I love it. It is a little like predictive text, however the letters are setup on the keys in the same order as you would find on your computer's keyboard (qwerty.) There are just two letters per key as opposed to each letter having its own individual. The good thing about SureType also is that it will actually get used to the way you text and train itself to know which words you use most. There is also a dictionary feature so you can add in words you want it to learn. Example: My best friend is named Jacky, but I call her Wacko Jacko. Therefore, I programmed "Jacko" into my dictionary. Works great!!
    05-29-08 04:01 PM
    Without poking fun at jenay or roseyflame ... I got many messages that had me crying laughing from pearl users. Like "do you want to go but" when it should have said "do you want to go out" LMAO and "she gas something for you" instead of "she has something for you"
    Pfft. That's just people not paying attention to the message they type before they send it. Up with the Pearl!!
    05-29-08 04:03 PM
    This is the list I made

World edition
    Pearl
    Curve

And this is how it now looks

Curve
    05-30-08 06:09 AM
    I love Curve, the bottom line for me was 3 things:

1. Full qwerty keyboard that is so much easier to type on. The Curve's keyboard is awesome and I can type on it really fast.

2. Huge display with gorgeous image quality. Also much better camera.

3. The call quality on the Curve is really gooood.
    05-30-08 06:24 AM
    I have the Pearl and I couldn't be happier. Here are the major issues you should consider about these phones:

The World Edition is gorgeous and is very functional. It also features the full qwerty keyboard. It is, however, the largest of the three phones and also does NOT have a camera. If you want a smaller phone or must have a camera, the WE is not for you.

The Curve and the Pearl are essentially the same functionality wise. The Curve is slightly larger and fits comfourtably in the palm of your hand. Also, the Curve has the full qwerty keyboard, whereas the Pearl utilized SureType. The Curve also has a larger screen than the Pearl does.

All three phones are great. Basically it comes down to three things:

1. Whether you want a camera
    2. What size phone you prefer
    3. Whether you want SureType or the full qwerty.

Hope this helps - good luck!!
    I agree!!!!
    05-30-08 07:39 AM
    the question is if you can deal with suretype or not
    and the larger screen of the curve makes surfin the net easier
    05-30-08 10:58 AM
    LMAO....i sent texts like that all the time...i just sent one that said "i didn't do anything ro you. i don't ducking request your frienda"

LMAO it's supposed to be "to" "f-ing" and "friends"...

It happens all the time...when i try to write esp it "rap" lol its bad....i mean esp when drunk dialing...you just say screw it and keep typing! lol Darn blackberry has a mind of it's own...!
    05-30-08 11:33 AM
    I had a Pearl.

I now have a Curve.

I miss the Suretype so much, but the bigger screen is keeping me warm at night. I am slowly acclimating to the keyboard....
    05-30-08 01:48 PM
    I had a Pearl.

I now have a Curve.

I miss the Suretype so much, but the bigger screen is keeping me warm at night. I am slowly acclimating to the keyboard....
    I gotta admit...i hated suretype for the first few days. I was going to rip my hair out..and i hung in there and i absolutely couldnt imagine typing any other way! I went on my friends Curve and it was sooo big and i was like OMG how do you type on this thing in the car...LOL

Love my pearl
    05-30-08 11:35 PM
    SureType is great. I rather use the Pearl for typing then the Curve.

I use both daily. The Pearl for my work phone and Curve for personal use.

I like typing emails/texts on the Pearl. I can also do it one handed. On the Curve, I like surfing the web and watching media on it (videos.)

Bottom line: It's all up to you. Play with both and when making your decision, don't let the SureType be the reason you chose the Curve as it gets a lot easier, but it takes time and practice.
    05-30-08 11:39 PM
    Had a curve, traded it for a pearl and haven't looked back.
    05-30-08 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD