i just want an application that will give me turn by turn directions as i drive. i don't need voice direction, just on screen directions. are there any programs for the bold that will do this for free?
    11-21-08 11:01 AM
    try google maps. You can input a destination and start point and it will give you turn by turn directions, I have been using this on my SE W580 which only gives you cell tower location proximaty, but from what i have heard, google maps works really well with the bold and GPS

I will try it when i get my bold next week or whenever Rogers finally gets stock to send to me
    11-21-08 11:51 AM
    i have google maps loaded and it just gives me driving directions like it would if you looked at it on a computer and printed it out.

im looking for this: unitedautorental-ontario.com/gps-navigation-system-4.jpg
    11-21-08 11:55 AM
    Not Free: TeleNav, Garmin
    Free: amazegps, nav4all
    11-21-08 12:22 PM
    How does the amazegps work? I am using both google maps and bb maps right now and am always looking for something new to try. I played around with nav4all a little bit but did not give it much of a chance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 12:25 PM
    i would say google maps is the best. about 80% of ppl i know are running taht as their maps program. its just like having the print out instructions with u from the computer adn u can see where u are around by the closest cel ltower there.
    11-21-08 12:27 PM
    wls
    windows live search
    turn by turn on screen with the map...and gps tracking.
    11-21-08 02:10 PM
    wls
    windows live search
    turn by turn on screen with the map...and gps tracking.

to get to the next direction i have to hit the space bar. is there a way to have gps work?
    11-21-08 10:33 PM
    I think if you want that service, your going to have to bite the bullet and pay for it. I've been looking for a while and haven't found anything suitable

For me though, google maps is fine, I done use it that much though...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 01:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD