Sorry if this is the wrong section.

On friday night i was out on the lash and lost my bb curve. It was not a contract phone and was a pay as you go, Its insured etc but can i get the phone blocked so nobody can use it? Seen something about EMI number being blocked but never really understood it.

Any ideas if this can be done or if they have the phone unlocked as its only tied to one carrier they can continue to use it?
    04-20-11 06:40 AM
    I'm assuming you didn't have BB Protect or any similar app on your device. If that's true, I think the best you can do is report it to whoever you are on pay-as-you-go with, and see what they can do about it.
    04-20-11 06:42 AM
    I'm assuming you didn't have BB Protect or any similar app on your device. If that's true, I think the best you can do is report it to whoever you are on pay-as-you-go with, and see what they can do about it.
    Could that app not be easily deleted with removal of sim? Im not very technical minded so excuse the questions lol.

I have contacted my provider but they were mentioning something about the EMI number.
    04-20-11 06:48 AM
    Like McStoner said you should probably call the pay as you go provider and let them know. And if you were using BB Protect or Smrtguard you'd probably be able to track the device otherwise your kinda assed out. Good luck bud
    04-20-11 06:50 AM
    It could be deleted just by finding it in your apps, and uninstalling it. Which is why I think they should password protect BB Protect from being deleted.

Although it can be deleted, lots of people might not know about it, or what it can do.
    That's good that you contacted them, but they should just be able to deactivate your account, or transfer your info to a different phone. If you are with a provider that has you manage your own account online, try going into your account settings on that site and see if you can do anything useful from there.
    dave1872 likes this.
    04-20-11 06:52 AM
    It could be deleted just by finding it in your apps, and uninstalling it. Which is why I think they should password protect BB Protect from being deleted.

Although it can be deleted, lots of people might not know about it, or what it can do.
    That's good that you contacted them, but they should just be able to deactivate your account, or transfer your info to a different phone. If you are with a provider that has you manage your own account online, try going into your account settings on that site and see if you can do anything useful from there.
    Thanks for your help guys. I take it this now means i can not get the phone blocked so to speak? so nobody else could use it
    04-20-11 06:54 AM
    Thanks for your help guys. I take it this now means i can not get the phone blocked so to speak? so nobody else could use it
    No problem! I love helping when and where I can. If your provider says they can't, then I guess you are S.O.L.
    Sorry for your loss, you'll find another one that's just perfect for you! :P
    04-20-11 06:57 AM
    Since you mentioned a sim card, I'm assuming you're using a GSM carrier, in that case, all the person would have to do is take out your sim card. insert theirs and use the phone and there's nothing the carrier can do to block the phone. If it was a CDMA phone, then they could mark the phone as stolen and disable it from being used on their network.
    04-20-11 07:22 AM
    Actually smrtguard has a sim block feature where you register your sim card with the device and if another is placed in the device it bricks the phone. That's supposed to be how it works though Ive never seen it.
    04-20-11 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD