Hi. I have very little experience with blackberrys.
    I have a Pay as You Go iPhone and it sucks without having MMS.

I've always wanted a blackberry curve and I would love to get one. I just have a few questions i hope some of you can help me with...

ATT sends an alert everytime you send and recieve a text message "Your Last transaction cost xx.xx."

I can get over that... But i need to be able to get into the blackberry's internal folders so i can delete the system sound it makes when you get those system alerts.

The system alert goes off even if the phone is on SILENT! I cant have that... Especially in school...

I will get in trouble bc i refuse to hand my phone over to teachers. (please dont tell me not to text in school... its annoying)

Another thing i want to know: Can you MMS on blackberrys withOUT a BB data plan?
    My friend who lives next door has a pearl on the POST PAID dad's account... She has unlimited messaging and can send MMS and Text WITHOUT A DATA PLAN.

But when we swap phones (my iphone & her BB pearl), the MMS option disappers and it says something close to "mms settings cant be found" or "registered"....

something close to that..

All i want to know is if i can get into the system folders and be able to send/recieve pictures...

I love BB's. They have so many options!!

THANKS!!!!!
    02-01-09 04:52 PM
    Yes there are ways to get in to the system folders, AND BBs are much better at handling the transfer of sound, picture and flick files, than the iphone.

The sound profile on a BB is VERY customizable too, so I have not doubt you could customize it so it does not make an audible alert.

I have no clue about the data plan thou. I know with my provider Verizon, you MUST have a data plan. I know ATT lets you not have one, BUT I don't know how they handle MMS. I'm sure someone else can answer that question.

Maybe you can earn the data plan with extra chores? Anyways I feel BBs are much better than the Iphone, BUT that's just my opinion.
    02-01-09 05:00 PM
    TMobile has pay by the month blackberry. I don't remember all of the details, but I had to go that route last year for three months to get blackberry service started on a GSM account for my daughter befor she traveled to France. If I want to start it back up at any time, I simply pay for that months service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 05:08 PM
    ohhh.. isnt that what that FlexPay thing is?
    We are wanting to switch from Alltel to Tmobile when our contract is up.

That's why i have the prepaid ATT right now.. Bc Alltel is CDMA and doenst have sim cards like GSM.

TMobile has pay by the month blackberry. I don't remember all of the details, but I had to go that route last year for three months to get blackberry service started on a GSM account for my daughter befor she traveled to France. If I want to start it back up at any time, I simply pay for that months service.

02-01-09 05:49 PM
    Yes. That is it. Flexpay. No contracts. I bought my tmobile blackberry on craigslist. Did,kt want to be locked into any contracts.

02-01-09 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD