I'm not on a data plan, so I can't download Google maps, I tried downloading bb maps from the blackberry website, it says Complete BlackBerry Maps has been loaded to your device. But when I go into maps application, i just see dots, what did I do wrong, plz help, thank you all. I'm on Rogers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-08 03:18 PM
    You need a data plan to pull the maps from Google... no data = no maps = blank Google maps

Sorry
    07-07-08 03:21 PM
    BB Maps retrieves it's info from the internet. Really without a BB data plan, you aren't gonna get much use out of your Curve.
    07-07-08 03:21 PM
    ^^^ True.

Without signing up for a data plan (and unfortunately, that means Rogers for you and their high fees), you've got yourself one fancy schmancy phone. Search the threads here (I'd suggest the Rogers forums) about which data plan is right for you.

Whatever the price turns out to be, it'll be worth it. Skip a latte one day. Pack your lunch another. You'll be happy you got the data plan once you see what your BB is capable of.
    07-07-08 03:23 PM
    I thought the bb maps, you can do it from usb to the bb, and I plan on using the tower signals, my curve is gps

07-07-08 04:07 PM
    You will still need a data plan so that the dots you currently see, turn into a map.
    07-07-08 04:10 PM
    I thought the bb maps, you can do it from usb to the bb, and I plan on using the tower signals, my curve is gps
    You will still need a data plan so that the dots you currently see, turn into a map.
    OP: I understand what you're trying to do, but can you imagine how much data you'd need to have loaded onto your trusty BB to accomplish what you're trying to do? Basically, you'd need to load the world. Unfortunately, you'll need a data plan.
    07-07-08 04:15 PM
    sour, what's a curve good for if u don't have a data plan, especially one with gps

07-07-08 04:53 PM
    time to get data!
    07-07-08 04:55 PM
    U need a data plan or wifi if u have a wifi device.
    07-07-08 04:56 PM
    You can pretty much expect the same answer from all of us here: Get a data plan.

A Blackberry is basically just another phone without a data plan. You can't use the internet, email, use BBM, download 3rd party apps OTA... Nothing.

Seriously. It is worth it to pay the little bit extra a month to get the full intended experience out of your Blackberry. Trust me.
    07-07-08 05:07 PM
    Skip some snacks

07-07-08 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD