and i cant here it ring if its in my pocket! it rings soo low even if i have the settings on loud... am i doing something wrong?
    02-25-09 04:20 PM
    If you are sure it is in fact on loud try also going into profiles>advanced>your profile>phone and making sure the volume is on HIGH. If that doesnt work try getting a new (louder) tone from crackberry or a site like zedge.net

Could even amplify a tone you like with audacity if you wanted to mess with that.

Hope it helps
    02-25-09 04:22 PM
    im using a ringtone i downloaded off of here today... but i will try the sound thing
    02-25-09 04:23 PM
    i checked the file i downloaded from here today is a mp3 file.. that is fine right..?
    02-25-09 04:32 PM
    That is correct, that is fine....
    02-25-09 04:36 PM
    Just double check your settings and make sure everything is as loud ad possible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 04:45 PM
    If its in ur pocket put it on vibrate

02-25-09 05:47 PM
    Do you put it in your holster when you put it in your pocket? If you do, check the Advanced Options under Profiles for tones when your device is in the holster.

02-25-09 06:06 PM
    Also refer to the Pearl section of the forums for alot more info on your device
    02-25-09 06:18 PM
    It's not in your back pocket is it? If so then you need a blackberry that flips CLOSED, so no more **** dialing!
    02-25-09 06:37 PM
    since the speaker goes out the top (towards the back by the camera) you might want to make sure that you have it topside up when you slide it in to your pocket..
    02-25-09 07:09 PM
    I noticed alot of mp3 ringtones on BB are downgraded. My buddy who had a pearl (we bought together) found this website Mobile17 | Make Your Own Ringtones and Wallpapers. Free Ringtone Maker. where you can upload your full mp3. Select which part of it you want to turn into a ring tone and they send you an email on your phone to download it. Works perfect and its free (takes an hour to send to your phone if you use the free edition) but works flawlessly and its twice the bitrate you find on most mp3's through CB.
    02-25-09 07:35 PM
    use the vibrate setting.
    02-25-09 07:41 PM
    I found the Pearls ringer volume to be horrible. In my opinion, that is it's major failing. Also, on loud it only rings after it has vibrated twice. On my Pearl, it goes to Voicemail as soon as it rings. I set mine to normal and it rings from the start.

I ran all my ringtones through a program that boosted the volume of the ringtones. I would tell you what program it was, but my computer crashed and I don't remember. Search the forums, that's where I learned about it.

02-25-09 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD