My Blackberry decided to start using a download song for my voice mail notifications. It is a song I downloaded to use as a ringer, but it appears my phone has hijacked it for another purpose. I have used my Profiles, then Advanced options, then changed all the profiles, even though none of them show this song being used at all. Does anyone have any idea how to change this? I am going to try to delete the ringtone to see if that works.
    Thanks!
    08-03-08 05:16 PM
    You cannot set an alert for voicemail alert.

What is the ringtone in question alerting you for?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 05:18 PM
    Did you perhaps remove the preloaded tones?

08-03-08 05:18 PM
    I've used downloaded ringtones for different types of calls (personalized ringers). My phone rang with three different ringers (on different calls, of course).

Suddenly a few weeks ago, when I get an initial voice mail notification, the phone starts playing one of my ringtones! It's the weirdest thing.

I haven't deleted any pre-installed tones or sounds... just downloaded a few from this site.

I deleted the song from my phone, and I just left myself a voice mail and got no notification. But somehow, now my phone rings with a different ringer?!
    Has my phone gone nuts on me?
    08-03-08 05:29 PM
    Your voicemail notification will always be the same as whatever is set for your sms text alert.

08-03-08 05:30 PM
    Thank you so much for your speedy help. I deleted that song, now I am checking all the profiles to make sure I have things set up to the right sound.

Could I bother you with one more question: I have set up three profiles for my family, and two work just fine, but one does not. They were all set up the same way, but the third one will not ring with the downloaded ringtone I've selected. Do you have any ideas why this would be?

Thanks!
    08-03-08 05:37 PM
    I've had my BB 8330 Curve for only a week and think I'm doing pretty well, but I was frustrated as all get out because I couldn't use my "planned" ringtone for voicemails (Mission Impossible) What I didn't realize is that the notifier for Voicemail is the same as SMS Text messages, which I get very few of. Thank you so very much.
    08-17-08 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD