So, here is the long and the short of it......

I am a mac user, downloaded the latest software version for my bb 8130 version 4.5 from the bb mainweb site and once it downloaded to the computer it did not work.....it came up in all bizarre characters.....I have Pocket Mac for bb, and have used the trial vers of missing link and now I can't use that.....so, I am not sure where to go from here and would like to upgrade the phone. The version I have on the Pearl right now is Ver 4.3.0.66. Can anyone help me sort out this issue....

Thanks so much in advance for your help.
    03-22-09 07:47 PM
    Most painfree way would be if you can borrow a friend's/relative's PC to do the upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 07:54 PM
    xl has the best idea. Not unless you can get an xp disc and dual boot.
    03-22-09 08:08 PM
    ok....thanks for that, much apprecitated.....i do have access to a pc, so will do so this week. Is the new version worth the upgrade?
    03-22-09 08:57 PM
    The 4.5 OS for the Curve gives you a video camera, a better browser, better memory management, HTML email. I think the Pearl OS gives the same.

I recommend you download version 4.6 of the Desktop Manager to do your upgrade. Stay away from version 4.7 as it is intended for the newer BBs like the Storm, Bold and 8900.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 09:15 PM
    Excellent, good to know, and food for thought. I am due for phone upgrade in the fall....so may move to the Bold or perhaps the newest bb coming out soon....the Niagara, looks pretty cool!

Thanks again for all the help. :-)
    03-22-09 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD