Hi
    Ok, since Sunday (20th march) i have been receiving requests and messages from people in Abu Dhabi. I have never been there i don't know anyone there but somehow they have pin. and keep adding me i keep ignoring them but more keeping adding me. My friend accepted one and told them to go away and asked how they got my pin. He said from this girl who lives in Abu Dhabi who i never met. I have never posted my pin online or given out to anyone other than friends. It is now Thursday the 24th of march, they are still adding me i have no idea why, they can add me up to three times in one minute. I have ignored sop many there must be over thirty different people. It's driving me crazy. Is there any way to change my pin? and is their an email address for Blackberry in the uk? so i can report this. Or who can i report this to?
    Thank you.
    03-24-11 12:09 PM
    Sorry to hear you're getting inundated with requests like that. You cannot change your PIN as it is built in as part of the phone. The first place to check would be with your carrier's customer support. I don't know if they can help. Is your phone brand new or a refurb?
    03-24-11 12:34 PM
    hi
    my phone is brand new.
    Thank you
    03-26-11 11:49 PM
    Either the people have the wrong PIN or doing it as a joke. Have you posted your PIN on CB or anyother website? The best thing to do is get a new BB or call your carrier for some support.
    03-27-11 12:48 AM
    i remember hearing you can contact RIM directly and they can change your pin, but i could be wrong, especially if others think otherwise. contact your carrier, then they can direct you to rim customer service
    03-27-11 01:29 AM
    i remember hearing you can contact RIM directly and they can change your pin, but i could be wrong, especially if others think otherwise. contact your carrier, then they can direct you to rim customer service
    The RIM customer support goes for around $60/hour unless it's different per carrier so why bother paying when you can come to CB?
    03-27-11 02:42 AM
    My girlfriend had the same when Vodafone replaced her BB with a refurb BB. All we did in the end was decline and block the people requested and after a week or two it stopped

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-11 06:31 AM
    If you're on Vodafone and it is a Vodafone branded handset, PM me.

However in general, PINs can not be "device swapped" save for the people working inside RIM "apparently".
    03-27-11 09:23 AM
    Either the people have the wrong PIN or doing it as a joke. Have you posted your PIN on CB or anyother website? The best thing to do is get a new BB or call your carrier for some support.
    Carrier cannot do anything about this and I have doubts that RIM will do anything either. The device is working. Maybe annoying but it is working none the less.
    03-27-11 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD