Can I use hotspot feature while my phone is also connected to some other wifi . [I want my phone to use Data from the wifi it is connected to, and connect my laptop to my phones hotspot, and use the same wifi connection to which my phone connects, so that i must not be charged for data on my phone.]
    08-14-12 04:49 AM
    No, I dont believe you can - why not just connect your laptop to the same wifi as your phone?
    08-14-12 05:35 AM
    What you're describing is not the functionality of a hotspot, but a bridge/gateway device. Why can't you connect the laptop directly to the same WiFi the phone is connected to?
    08-14-12 10:28 AM
    I don't think you can do it. Here's one application where it would be useful:

You're traveling and in a hotel. You purchase (@$15/day) WiFi access. You can only connect one device per room (they limit base on IP). You want to share your one connection so you don't have to pay twice.
    raino likes this.
    08-14-12 10:34 AM
    Thanks alot guys i just had this idea in mind and thought to ask you people ..
    08-24-12 04:56 AM
    no you cannot do that

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    08-24-12 05:43 AM
    take a regular router with you, clone the MAC address into the router that way they can see only the one device registered at the front desk with, and you can access the internet from all devices that connect to the router and the Hotel will not be the wiser.
    08-24-12 05:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD