I was wondering if anybody knew of software for the blackberry that can create a firefighter shift calendar (I have an 8700g). The way our shifts work is there is red, black, and gold. For example today is black shift, tomorrow red shift, then gold. What I would like to do is color each day with the correlating shift and be able to enter comments/notes. With the blackberry calendar software the best I was able to do is enter a new appointment which is recurring every 3 days. This will make the selected shift (black for example) day appear in bold. However if I were to add the other shifts they would all be bold in the same color. I don't believe there is a way to do this with the blackberry software but perhaps there is other calendar software I'm not aware of that can. Obviously it would be great if it were freeware but I'm willing to spare a few dollars for a good program. The closest thing I was able to find was BBShiftCal by Gasda Software. This program almost does everything I want but you aren't able to click on the days to enter notes. It basically is a bunch of images for each month. I'm hoping there's already a calendar software that is capable of doing this but I haven't been able to find one. Any help will be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!!
    01-07-09 01:12 PM
    If you can find one brother I would like to know. I just took a few hours out of my shift to enter all my days manually into the BB calendar. Not sure what your color coded days work out to being, we do 12 hour shifts that consist of 2 days (0600 - 1800) and 2 nights (1800 - 0600) per rotation.
    01-07-09 01:15 PM
    I have a work email and personal email on my BB. I set a work appt and I chose work email in the "send using" section at the top of the add new screen. Same for personal appts. They come up different colors in my calendar. Maybe this might work for you.

I'm using bbsmart email reader, I'm not sure if I'm able to set these appts this way because of that program.
    01-07-09 02:45 PM
    Google Sync works for me.
    01-07-09 02:51 PM
    I haven't found one yet and I too was looking. Not such an issue for me anymore (AC) but I like to try and keep track of who is on. We have our calendar online and I can access it via the web but can't post notes like you are wishing to do. You may be able to take your monthly or yearly calendar and email it as a document to your BB and save it as a document and place it in a home page folder for quick access. This doesn't help witht he notes aspect but will give you the yearly calendar to view.
    01-07-09 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD