I have a user who is travelling on Hawaii. When he arrived there he was getting his email and able to surf the internet...now he can do neither. I tried having him do a bunch of things with no luck. I then deleted his from our BES server and told him to try to do an enterprise activation.

When he tried to do an enterprise activation he gets an error message saying "contact system administrator"...any ideas on what is going on here and how to fix the problem?

Thanks!
    11-24-09 03:58 PM
    Stupid question: after you deleted him from your BES server did you readd the account with a new password, and have him activate with that pass?
    11-24-09 03:59 PM
    Stupid question: after you deleted him from your BES server did you readd the account with a new password, and have him activate with that pass?
    Yes, I readded him to the server and set the password to just a single character to make it as simple as possible.

Also, the phone is a BB Storm on VZW...
    11-24-09 04:04 PM
    When he goes to Enterprise Activation in advanced options does it show that he still has an active connection? That could be hanging him up. If so deleting all service books related to your BES (Desktop?), then restarting the phone, then attempting to activate *might* do the trick..
    11-24-09 04:14 PM
    I'm curious why you jumped straight to removing him from the BES? If he was having connections issues before you removed him, those problems are probably still there.

Is the user roaming? Do they have a 1XEV? How many bars? Can they connect to the internet using the Internet Browser?

I would troubleshoot any carrier/network issues before jumping straight to the BES (i've noticed, 9 out of 10 times, it's not an issue with the BES).
    11-24-09 04:18 PM
    The user cannot connect to the internet using the internet broswer. Receives an error message regarding "commication error with Mobile Data Service".

I tried calling Verizon and they were useless in helping me troubleshoot this issue.
    Last edited by SkiOn1; 11-24-09 at 04:26 PM.
    11-24-09 04:24 PM
    Can they recieve/send PIN messages? If they can't they aren't connecting to RIM's NOC and you will need to work with your carrier to get it resolved.
    11-24-09 04:27 PM
    OK. He seems to be getting a little farther now...I can see that he can at least "see" the BES server. Now he's getting the error message "IT policy was rejected so activation has been cancelled clear your handheld and retry."

What does this message mean?
    11-24-09 08:34 PM
    I would have him do a backup, wipe the phone, re-activate on BES, then restore what doesn't sync from the BES.

What version of BES are you on?
    11-25-09 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD