Hello, I have tried to set-up my email and cannot seem to do it, I have been to about a hundred sites, but it has not worked, can someone please help me set up email on my blackberry 8310, I use at&t for service and sbcglobal.net for email (outlook) The thing is, is that i do not have an "email setup" icon on my blackberry screen...do I need to reload software???
    Thanks
    Charlie
    09-18-08 09:01 AM
    menu > show all

if it's hidden, that will make it show up.

if you still cant find it, you can set up your email via your provider's BIS page or clicking on the "setup wizard" icon.
    09-18-08 09:05 AM
    Thanks for the reply, I did the BIS set up on att.com. Now how do I access the email from the phone, do i need to pull the battery? I also re-sent the books.
    Thanks
    09-18-08 09:33 AM
    uh, what?

access the email? click on the envelope icon.
    09-18-08 09:52 AM
    I just realized that I didnt have the blackberry data plan, i think that might have been why, I now have it i hope that works
    Thanks
    09-18-08 09:59 AM
    I forgot to mention I did try that, when i went to compose it said you do not have any service providers set up...even though i just did it online...
    09-18-08 10:00 AM
    I forgot to mention I did try that, when i went to compose it said you do not have any service providers set up...even though i just did it online...
    Getting the BB data plan will do it. When I called AT&T to activate my curve, I asked about email and was tranasferred over to Blackberry Support at AT&T. They did an activation and afterwards we did a battery pull. When the Curve started back up, I watched as new icons slowly appeared as the the browser and other items were pushed out to me.
    09-18-08 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD