On my Sprint 8530 the Icon is just gone, its not hidden, I tried changing downgrading OS and then back to OS 1030. Any ideas??
    01-23-11 08:54 AM
    Look in EVERY folder
    Battery pull
    Re-register the Host Routing Table.
    Re-send the Service Books
    01-23-11 08:55 AM
    I checked every folder over and over.
    From the options setting up email-only allows me to set up corporate email.
    I can't resent service books as I can't log onto my email settings
    01-23-11 10:51 AM
    I checked every folder over and over.
    From the options setting up email-only allows me to set up corporate email.
    I can't resent service books as I can't log onto my email settings
    It sounds to me that you are on a BES plan and not a BIS plan in which case you will have to contact your carrier to tell them when you gotthe BB data plan they put you on the wrong plan if indeed this is the case. If it is they can change it for you over the phone and give you the web address for BIS where you can set up your own acct. and your email right from there which is less hassle. Once you do that everything will be sent to your BB including the emial icon and a an email letting you know that you are registered.
    01-23-11 10:58 AM
    So you ARE actually getting the Email Settings ICON but it's not allowing you to setup Personal Email? And it's only showing you the "corporate email" setup option?

If this is the case, you need to call Sprint Customer Support. Your data plan is messed up or your device isn't properly provisioned on the network.

The lack of the Personal Email icon doesn't have anything to do with BES. It has to do with the device data plan not being setup properly.
    01-23-11 11:00 AM
    No I don't have the ICON just when I go to set up wizard it takes me to email set up which is the wrong one thjat is only for Corporate
    01-23-11 12:00 PM
    So you ARE actually getting the Email Settings ICON but it's not allowing you to setup Personal Email? And it's only showing you the "corporate email" setup option?

If this is the case, you need to call Sprint Customer Support. Your data plan is messed up or your device isn't properly provisioned on the network.

The lack of the Personal Email icon doesn't have anything to do with BES. It has to do with the device data plan not being setup properly.
    MM
    I have always supported your answers and knowledge of ALL BB and NO it does not matter about the lack of a Personal email icon but come on please, I gave the same advice you just did and did not make it look like I was giving an incompetent answer. My answer was the same as yours and I supported it saying that the the setup was incorrect with the carrier more than likely setting up a BES provision instead of BIS.

You have many posts and knowledge for sure and my respect but please don't make me look like I gave the wrong answer when I gave the same as you.

Thank you
    01-23-11 02:25 PM
    No I don't have the ICON just when I go to set up wizard it takes me to email set up which is the wrong one thjat is only for Corporate
    I am still sticking to my original backup answer to what MM gave you.

When this plan was setup despite what icon you have the carrier set you up for the wrong data plan meaning you should be on BIS(Personal email) and not in your own omission that there is a corporate email only setup so it was set up for BES and just needs to be switched over to BIS, Siimple as that.

Thank you for your patienence.
    01-23-11 02:28 PM
    Thank you both of you, I really really appreciate you taking your time and answering me. I will double check with carrier (sprint), although I am currently using my Tour with no problem and needed to switch devices because of track ball issues.
    01-23-11 02:39 PM
    MM
    I have always supported your answers and knowledge of ALL BB and NO it does not matter about the lack of a Personal email icon but come on please, I gave the same advice you just did and did not make it look like I was giving an incompetent answer. My answer was the same as yours and I supported it saying that the the setup was incorrect with the carrier more than likely setting up a BES provision instead of BIS.

You have many posts and knowledge for sure and my respect but please don't make me look like I gave the wrong answer when I gave the same as you.

Thank you
    You need to RATCHET BACK. You and I posted at the same time. Your post wasn't there before I posted.
    01-23-11 03:32 PM
    You need to RATCHET BACK. You and I posted at the same time. Your post wasn't there before I posted.
    I know it was not there. It was the issue of the content in which you sort of had an overtone of making me look like I did not know what I was saying, this alone was my only issue, BTW I have once again as i said always had respect in your answers but I am entitled to say what I want and am not about to back down against anyone on here when i have something to say in helping someone. I am not mad, I only asked that you reread your answer andthink about how I felt if you were on the other end.
    01-23-11 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD