I have the 8330 Curve through Verizon. I got it from a friend who was selling it. He took it, got it reset and now I can't set up my email to the phone. When I go through to create a new account it tells me "An account already exists for this pin. please try again" so when I click "ok" which is the only option, it brings up for me to enter my pin and my "meid" which I have both found on the status page under options. I know these numbers are right because that's exactly what my phone tells me they are. Once I enter them, it says the same thing again and brings me to re-enter the information, but I know it is correct. How can I get past this??

Thanks for any and all help, it would be greatly appreciated!!
    01-19-09 10:15 PM
    Hi,I've read your message and I am having the same problem.
    I live in Italy ...I bought a used Blackberry 8320 curve from a UK seller and it was locked on Orange. I unlocked it and now I can use my Vodafone Sim. But when I go to e-mail set up , I put in the PIN and the IMEI code numbers of my BB it says that my device is registered with another provider. Yesterday I calle Orange in UK and after they checked the PIN number they said that it was not registered to any account.

Did you manage to fix your problem? Maybe yo can help me fix mine too?

Thank you for any help you might give me.
    01-20-09 01:08 AM
    You need to call the original carrier and get them to release the PIN

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 01:58 AM
    Hi,
    I did that. Yesterday I called UK "Orange" and they checked the PIN code of the device and they said that it is clear...no accounts attached to it.

So I don't know what to do...
    01-20-09 07:12 AM
    Heaven, if you have a vzw account in your name, try calling vzw so they can reset your account and walk you through the steps of setting up your email. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 08:02 AM
    Hi,
    I did that. Yesterday I called UK "Orange" and they checked the PIN code of the device and they said that it is clear...no accounts attached to it.

So I don't know what to do...
    Even thou it was a UK seller, perhaps the phone actually came from somewhere else? You might need to try RIM tech support, but the only way to reach them is thru your provider. It really sounds like the problem is that the PIN was never released from the last customer. Call your provider and speak to their BB support and hopefully they can put you in touch with RIM.

I REALLY hope it is not a PIN that was reported as lost or stole in THAT case you are SOL.
    01-20-09 08:17 AM
    Thanks everyone for your help. I ended up having to call VZW to have them release the pin as the suggestion was. So, thank you BTsee. I was hoping it was going to be easier than that.

As far as annmaria, I am not sure how your service works but when I was able to call Verizon, she was able to reset my pin and bring me to a page for me to set up my email and the entire process took probably 5 minutes, if that. I hope you get it figured out.
    01-20-09 12:46 PM
    Hi,
    no,I don't think that my BB was reported as stolen or lost because when I received it it was in it's original box.
    I did call Vodafone but the customer service is a complete disaster. Everytime I call I get a different answer. Yesteday,after yet another attempt,they sent me through e-mail the instructions how to configure my BB. But I had done all that already...
    I think I will have to call " Orange" again today...and I hope that they will help me this time.
    Thank you for all your help..
    01-21-09 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD