07-24-08 11:03 AM
- Just got the Curve 8380 and am loving it. Having some problems with certain aspects that perhaps some of you could help me sort out. Some are easy some I'm not so sure.
1) How the HECK do you change your ringer etc? I'd like to have it on vibrate and ring but would also like to change the tones for voicemails, IM's etc.
2) Is there a way to automatically (or easily) turn off AIM once I get back home and will be near my laptop? I like AIM on while I'm gone but when I'm home it's annoying to receive it both on the Blackberry and the laptop.
3) Similar to #2, how can I better coordinate my email with the Blackberry? I have it installed but I'd like to be able to turn it off when I get home and am near the laptop. I hate getting the notices when I'm home because I am already getting them through Outlook. Is there any sort of auto feature similar to auto on/off (but perhaps picks up my wirless connection and disables?).
4) To go along with #3, what is the best way to coordinate Outlook with the Blackberry so that I receive the email once (either laptop or BB), and when I delete it it takes care of it in both places. Ideally, I'd like my BB to be an extension of Outlook when I'm away from home as far as email is concerned.
Thanks so much!07-24-08 10:58 AMLike 0
- chaz_cbRetired Forums Moderator1) Go to the Profiles icon, scroll to advanced, highlight the one you want to change, hit Menu, Edit. Then scroll to the app you want to change, (phone, email address, SMS) and select the tone, volume, and other settings, save and exit.
2) No auto off that I know of.
3) Again, no auto off - but you can go to Manage connections, Mobile Network Options, and turn Data Services off.
4) Not sure - I don't use Outlook much at all, but someone will come along who can address this question.07-24-08 11:03 AMLike 0
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD