First post so be gentle
    Okay, after 5 months of owning the device, I have already dropped it

Basically, I was sending a text message, and I got back to the car. The device literally slipped out of my hand, and fell 4 ft face down onto the concrete... I quickly picked it up, and was dreading the result, thinking I would've cracked the screen. Fortunatley, I didn't. The metal/plastic bezel took the shock of the impact, resulting in 2 scuffs to the lower front of the device, and a sizeable dent/chunk missing on the top right corner..

Now, I was wandering, apart from a new bezel, is there anything I can do to reduce the size of the marks/dent? Or anything I can do to make them less noticeable?

Tbh, i'm really devastated, and I'm just looking for a way to cover up/ reduce the appearance of these marks... Pictures attached

Cheers

Matt
    04-19-11 01:10 PM
    Ive done the same thing, dropped right out of my hand onto the sidewalk, & i have scuffs around the same place as you.

Unfortunately theres not much u can do about scuffs/scratches, besides buying a new housing
    04-19-11 01:22 PM
    Ive done the same thing, dropped right out of my hand onto the sidewalk, & i have scuffs around the same place as you.

Unfortunately theres not much u can do about scuffs/scratches, besides buying a new housing
    Yeah, Just annoying to see them! The top one, which is worse, doesn't look as bad when using the handset, as it is right on the corner.. But the ones to the lower are more annoying as they are ALWAYS visible. I'm considering a new housing, just waiting to see if theres any other ideas to hide/mask over the marks!
    04-19-11 01:27 PM
    you could get a skin, then you wont notice them, and if you have a soft touch a little clear nail polish (WHEN DONE RIGHT) can hide some scuffs
    mdm0197 likes this.
    04-19-11 01:31 PM
    You can get a case for it and it will be covered up....
    04-19-11 01:35 PM
    you could get a skin, then you wont notice them, and if you have a soft touch a little clear nail polish (WHEN DONE RIGHT) can hide some scuffs
    Fubaz thats not a bad idea too-- also to the OP do you use any type of case/holster?
    If not, its a good investment for the future, its saved my BB from MAJOR catastrophes lol
    04-19-11 01:36 PM
    Thanks, will give it a go

You can get a case for it and it will be covered up....
    Yeah, I was considering that, Was just wandering if there was any other solutions

also to the OP do you use any type of case/holster?
    If not, its a good investment for the future, its saved my BB from MAJOR catastrophes lol
    Yup, I use the magnetic pouch that came with the phone, just when I dropped it, I had taken it out of the case as I was sending a message... Just wish I hadn't bothered now!!
    04-19-11 01:41 PM
    I call them battle scars lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 01:42 PM
    I call them battle scars lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Haha - very big battle scar though!! Ah well, just relieved it still works!
    04-19-11 01:54 PM
    Now, I was wandering, apart from a new bezel, is there anything I can do to reduce the size of the marks/dent? Or anything I can do to make them less noticeable?
    The 3 things you can do are get a case, get on with your life and forget about it, or get a new housing.
    04-19-11 01:54 PM
    please note when using the clear nail polish, avoid too much on the brush, you more so want to fill the gashes rather than brush over them.
    if you get zealous you will get the nail polish everywhere

good luck
    mdm0197 likes this.
    04-19-11 01:57 PM
    please note when using the clear nail polish, avoid too much on the brush, you more so want to fill the gashes rather than brush over them.
    if you get zealous you will get the nail polish everywhere

good luck
    Thanks Will give that a go tomorrow.
    04-19-11 02:03 PM
    Otterbox commuter, it will hide the scars and provide future protection
    04-19-11 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD