I am needing some assistance with saving contacts to my sim card. I have the 8320(curve) and I have followed the instructions from the help section on my bb. When I follow the directions, the contacts do not save to my sim. I'm having serious bb issues (restarts over and over) and I need to use a back-up phone until I can get help with the technical issue...thus, I need my contacts. Can anyone help? If you could possibly PIN me, it would be easier, as I am limited to how long my bb works until it resets again. THANKS!!

PIN: 24334F9D
    09-28-08 06:17 PM
    I can't PIN - not until my new toy gets delivered

Random reboots - another user had the same experience recently, http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/frus...-mobile-76574/ sounds like it might be resolved with an exchange phone.

Copying to SIM - it should work. A few things to try, but you will have to be the eyes and hands-on because I don't have the menu map for your phone.

Many phones have the option to USE SIM or USE MEMORY (or both). Make sure you have the right option selected when you copy and then check on your SIM (not sure if this choice is on your 8300)

Force your 8300 to use the SIM for contacts, then make a dummy entry. Does it show up OK?

Check the available storage on the SIM (should be a menu option). SIM storage is often much smaller than phone memory capacity and it might already be filled.
    09-28-08 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD