I have a problem with my curve 8330 that for some reason even after I finish having a convo with certain people on BBM the red light stays blinking sometimes. I try closing the conversation out and it still blinks...is this something wrong with my phone? I usually hafta reset the phone in order for it to go away. It doesnt happen always, but it happens enough to really annoy me. What am I doing wrong? Sometimes I can get it to go away by typing something in the reply box and then deleting it but sometimes it stays blinking. HELP!! I dont wanna hafta do the all mighty reset every single time this happens!! What the **** is up with this curve, is it haunted? Phone is about 3 weeks old brand new from Verizon.
    07-01-08 05:27 PM
    It happens with every model sometimes it just gets hung up about the only thing that fix's it is a battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 06:10 PM
    It happens with every model sometimes it just gets hung up about the only thing that fix's it is a battery pull.

Really? Wow...that sucks. Thanks for the heads up. I've been having this problem too (more often than not) and I was hoping for a different answer. LOL. Thanks again.
    07-01-08 10:16 PM
    It will time out after 15 mins. So if you don't feel like doing a battery pull. Just wait 15 mins.
    07-01-08 10:22 PM
    I have this problem too, so annoying! It doesn't happen that often (luckily) but when it does I do a reset (alt+right shift+del).

07-01-08 10:29 PM
    interesting...well, good to know! I thought my phone had caught the clap or somethin lol
    07-01-08 11:40 PM
    I have the AT&T Curve, and mine does that from time to time as well... I can't find a solution other than a reset. Hmm....

07-01-08 11:49 PM
    If the person in the conversation sends another message after you notice the continued blinking, then from the messages window, hit 'R' (for reply) - this will kick you down to the response window. Your bb will recognize that you have received the message and will stop blinking. until you get another message...
    07-02-08 12:15 AM
    it happens after the convo is done usually, or in between exchanging messages. Its really a PITA sometimes
    07-02-08 12:40 AM
    brilliant answers! thank you! I am having the same problem right now.

I'll wait out the 15m, because I'm not quite sure what a "battery pull" is exactly...
    07-02-08 06:02 PM

Hmm.. That is a very broad statement to make that it happens with every single model.... I have never had this problem, and I don't hear about it a lot. So I don't think it's every single one....
    07-02-08 06:05 PM
    Hmm.. That is a very broad statement to make that it happens with every single model.... I have never had this problem, and I don't hear about it a lot. So I don't think it's every single one....
    so my phone did catch herpes then huu?
    07-02-08 06:10 PM
    so my phone did catch herpes then huu?
    Nah. A mild cold at the most. Nothing incurable.
    07-02-08 06:11 PM
    I'll wait out the 15m, because I'm not quite sure what a "battery pull" is exactly...
    A battery pull (aka the universal first-line defense against all things screwy with your BlackBerry) is when you leave your phone on, take out the battery, wait 30 seconds, then reinsert the battery. Your BB will power up and reboot itself. It usually clears out the glitch and as a bonus, clears up some memory.

Pull away.
    07-02-08 06:18 PM
    Nah. A mild cold at the most. Nothing incurable.
    ohh aright good...nobody likes herpes...its the gift that keeps on giving
    07-02-08 08:44 PM
    Its happening on my 8830 right now...

07-04-08 04:14 PM
    A battery pull (aka the universal first-line defense against all things screwy with your BlackBerry) is when you leave your phone on, take out the battery, wait 30 seconds, then reinsert the battery. Your BB will power up and reboot itself. It usually clears out the glitch and as a bonus, clears up some memory.

Pull away.

Good to know! Thanks so much!!!
    07-08-08 05:01 PM
    This happens on my 8330 also. Very annoying, to say the least.
    07-08-08 06:28 PM
    As others have said, it happens with all bb's.

When in the BBM chat area scroll up in to the message area then hit the "R" like you're going to reply, that will knock it out.

Or just give it the battery pull everytime.

This is if you can't wait the 15 mins.

07-08-08 06:37 PM
    Correct on all. When you are using your browser and data is being transfered(the 2 arrows in the right hand corner), sometimes bits of that data get "stuck" and have nowhere to go. A battery pull free's this up. That is why your memory increases. I leave my battery out for at least a minute to ensure the internal memory dies. As far as the question asked in the thread, no I have an 8130 and have never experienced this issue. Now that we are all talking about it, it will happen to me soon i'm sure...
    07-08-08 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD