I'm having a problem with my Pearl where I'm unable to buzz people into my building. I also rely on my phone to buzz myself in, so I need to figure out what the problem is.

I updated the Google app recently, and a search came up with people having a problem with this relating to google voice services of some sort and their phones not being able to send touch tone signals while in a call.

Has anyone else had this problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks guys.

GB
    06-22-09 11:29 AM
    Interesting application. I presume you are sending an SMS text message to accomplish the unlocking.

If not, do you have an application for the purpose? If so, it may be worth re-installing it to correct the connection.
    06-22-09 11:33 AM
    No, the buzzer system in my building calls a phone number to the tenant, who answers and presses 9 to buzz the person in.

Today it isn't working, but I just talked to someone else in the building who has an Iphone and is having the same problem so I'm beginning to think it's the buzzer system and not my phone that is the problem.
    06-22-09 11:41 AM
    Wow I had no idea this sort of tech tool existed! Sounds interesting, and could be risky if someone could buzz themselves into your place with their phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 11:43 AM
    well the phone number has to be programed into the system, so its not like anyone can get into the building
    06-22-09 01:23 PM
    well the phone number has to be programed into the system, so its not like anyone can get into the building
    Wow, I would love to have this set up in the apartment i'm renting in september...
    06-22-09 01:46 PM
    I have this same set up in my apartment building and mine is still working. I don't have the google ap though, so maybe that is the issue?? Sorry I don't have an answer for you.
    06-22-09 08:35 PM
    To answer your question--
    Google Voice "filters out" the DTMF tones your phone sends when you press a button.

AFAIK, there's no work-around at this time.
    I had the same problem, my bank (ING Direct) requires you enter a PIN and the system wasn't detecting any key presses from my BB.

Have them call your real cell phone #, it'll work fine. It's most likely not a problem with your BB.

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 09:39 PM
    Your internet site furnishes very superb information

"Bellevue apartments" are self-catering holiday lettings located next to the beautiful beach of Keramoti, Greece There are 11 apatments - 6 of them with two sleeping rooms and 5 with one bedroom, ranging between 45 and 70 square m individually and accomodating up to 50 persons

holidaysinkeramoti com]Vacance en Grece

holidaysinkeramoti com
    03-23-10 11:55 AM
    hello

just registered and put on my todo list

hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.
    04-04-10 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD