Hello !
    I just got a brand new blackberry curve ( ATT ) unlocked i'm using with my T-Mobile
    For some reason i got everything working except my blackberry browser ,i got t zones but not the other one........
    I have send service books 10 times ! but nothing helped...still missing browser
    Can some one tell me what to do ? seems like no Representative knows what to do...........I have reloaded the device os but still nothing works,everything but the damn ! browser. Thanks every one !
    06-08-07 09:40 PM
    Check this thread. It that doesn't help, let us know, we'll see if there is anything else we can do to help...
    Last edited by anon(153966); 06-08-07 at 09:56 PM.
    06-08-07 09:54 PM
    Thanks ! I did the system reload to the version stated in this thread but nothing helped.......Still no browser.........
    06-08-07 09:59 PM
    Can someone help ?
    06-08-07 11:52 PM
    You'll need to downgrade the OS to the O2 operating system. I have no idea why that makes a difference, but that's what it took to get mine working.

Once you do that, delete all the service books, and then resend again. You should get your browser then.
    06-09-07 05:44 AM
    Can you tell me how do i load this new system from O2 i just downloaded to my desk top and where do i need to go to delete this vendor.xml file ?
    Thanks so much !!!!!!!!! Sorry to bother...
    06-09-07 10:42 AM
    Answered where to delete the vendor.xml already in the other thread, but once loaded, just open Desktop Manager and connect your device. It will generally notice the software you just installed, and then ask if you wan tto update. It will then tell you than what you have loaded is newer, do you want to load anyway. Just say yes.
    06-09-07 02:03 PM
    Thanks Guys ! Looks like everything is working now !!!!!!
    06-09-07 06:04 PM
    Great! Glad you got it working!
    06-10-07 12:33 AM
    HELP please!

I tried to follow advice from around here. It looks like I need to downgrade to O2's version of the 8300 OS, which I did. Now, as the advise continues, I am trying to figure out how to (1) delete service books and (2) delete vendor.xml before I could get the browser back. How do I do just that? Where the heck is the vendor.xml? WHere is the service book(s)?

Thanks
    Harris
    06-12-07 03:14 PM
    ok i need some help with this too.. ive tried this a couple times with no luck, so i must be doing something wrong. heres what i did:

i installed the O2 OS (4.2.2.67) on my computer. i went to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (thats the only place i found the file, it wasnt in the other 8300-XXX directory) and deleted the vendor.xml file. then i opened up desktop manager and plugged in the blackberry and downgraded the OS. after that was all done, i deleted all the service books and then went to bis.t-mobile.com to resend the service books. after doing that, i still had no browser icon.

btw, after installing the O2 OS, am i still supposed to have the at&t theme, because it is still there. i verified the OS version was 4.2.2.67 because i checked that in 'About'.

im pretty frustrated at this point and any help would be appreciated. thanks.
    08-07-07 10:59 PM
    fadetoblack, check here. Albeit it does seem like you've done the right thing thus far...
    08-08-07 06:17 AM
    hey guys, thanks for the help. finally got it working after several attempts last night. works great!
    08-08-07 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD