I just got the Kenwood DNX8120 and my blackberry pearl 8130 pairs and transfers address book but the unit will not stay connected. I have already gone through the procedure of connecting, setting the trusted source as yes and then reconnecting but that has not fixed the problem.

PLEASE HELP!!!!
    05-20-08 12:53 PM
    Unfortunately, the Blackberry and the Kenwood BT Car Kit are not compatible. I found this on crutchfiled.com under the reviews for the Kenwood KCA-BT200

Doesn't work with Blackberry
    Written By Jerald, Santa Maria, CA on Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I'm sure this product works really well if you can actually get it to work or if you don't have a blackberry. The problem is the phone will pair with the unit but doesn't auto connect. I have to manually go on my BT menu on my phone and hit connect to BT-200 and as soon as the call end it disconnects again.

I find it amazing that Kenwood is not compatible with blackberries. Kenwood and blackberry are one of the biggest in their industry (PDA and Car Audio). Supposedly they are aware of the issue and are working on it.
    05-20-08 10:49 PM
    I just got the Kenwood DNX8120 installed, and went through the same experience as you. Went back to the installer after trail and error we found out that we had to go thru the Kenwood as the main bluetooth set up, let the kenwood find your Blackberry. You can make your pin code any four digit code in the Kenwood, when the Blackberry connects to the Kenwood put the same pin code that you used in the Kenwood.
    Under your blackerry bluetooth settings you have to set trusted to "yes".
    Discoverable to "yes".
    And under address book transfer leave it set to "yes" or "on".
    Works like charm and very happy with the Kenwood and Blackberry.
    I hope this helps you.
    Last edited by bimmer14; 05-22-08 at 10:52 PM.
    05-22-08 10:46 PM
    I removed both the DNX from my BB and the BB from the Kenwood unit and started over using your guide. It worked perfectly and stayed connected.

Unfortunately, after I got out of the car and returned it didn't work again. What settings do I need to change so that it works going forward without having to start from scratch everytime I get in the car.

THANKS!
    05-27-08 06:11 PM
    So here's the lowdown on Kenwood Bluetooth (the KCA-BT200 and DNX8120; the Parrot Branded boxes). From Car Toys, Inc.!!!

Verizon and Sprint: You guys are fairly limited on the A2DP and HPF Functions if you want it to pair every time. Something with the network and their security's make it not work every time. The fix we found here at Car Toys, Inc., is to turn off the A2DP capabilities in the Blackberry thus only letting the phone communicate for voice. For some reason, the Kenwood box gives priority to the audio connection and not the voice connection. If you turn off the audio, it seems to stay paired and not drop after shutdown and restart of the vehicle. As far as pairing, some phones work better when going from phone to screen, and some better going screen to phone. As the other posters have commented, make sure the security settings are to trusted, and then on the kenwood screen, go into bluetooth setup, and select SPDEV (special device), then select the disable auto pairing feature (disabling the A2DP auto pair feature). (when it prompts if the device is selected, make sure you are paired with your phone).

AT&T and T-Mobile: Much better luck with your phones because of the decreased bluetooth lockouts of a GSM network. The previous post from the AT&T user above is how we got the AT&T versions to work and they seem to work great all the time.

Hope this helps, and Happy Toothing!

05-27-08 09:49 PM
    I'm having this trouble with my 8830. I don't believe the phone has A2DP capabilities. I also went though the menus on the 8120 and couldn't find a disable feature for the A2DP there either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mntdiver; 06-01-08 at 12:47 AM.
    05-31-08 08:46 PM
    I also cannot figure out how to disable the A2DP on my 8130.
    06-01-08 11:59 PM
    I don't not see where you can disable the A2DP on the Kenwood 5120 head unit. hellllllllllllppp
    Last edited by dlarej15; 06-07-08 at 05:49 AM.
    06-07-08 05:45 AM
    hi there i have dnx8120 and blackberry 8310 rogers and cant get it working can you help it will pair but wont downlad address book all grayed out and to dail out is grayed out and vioce is need help big time
    06-10-08 10:56 PM
    and wont say paired when it is turn off and on agian
    06-10-08 10:57 PM
    anyone here with 8830? I want to get BT200 but I do not know if it will work. I do not care about A2DP, i just want to be able to make and recieve calls. are you guys able to do so? or does it not pair at all?
    06-12-08 09:04 PM
    I have a DNX5120 and BB8830 and the only way i found to make this work is to remove all connections on both the DNX5120 and 8830 then from the DNX5120 add a special device and choose disable auto sync as the device, then pair it. This has stayed connected even after shutting off the car and walking away, it actually reconnected automatically because i set the 8830 to trust the BT200. It appears the address book or music auto sync may be the culprit and by adding it this way no auto sync attempts to happen. Only negative is no address book. Oh well at least I wont get a ticket answering calls here in San Diego.
    07-02-08 06:48 PM
    Has anyone had any success with using the BT200 on a Kenwood DNX7100 and a BlackBerry Pearl 8130? There do not appear to be options to pair from the headunit to the phone, nor can I find a way to disable the AD2P profile.
    08-01-08 11:13 PM
    Update for the hu is available from kenwood's site. just download it to a usb stick and follow instructions. Since the update, I have had no pairing issues. Pearl always auto reconnects when I start the car etc.. dl's phone book also. It finally works like it was supposed to.

once again, thanks to those at kenwood for making this available.

the file is called "Bluetooth2P2_fw_y160.zip"

if some one can let me know how to upload the file, i would be happy to do so.
    08-15-08 12:47 AM
    Update for the hu is available from kenwood's site. just download it to a usb stick and follow instructions. Since the update, I have had no pairing issues. Pearl always auto reconnects when I start the car etc.. dl's phone book also. It finally works like it was supposed to.
    Note that this update is currently for BT200 bluetooth modules connected to 08 Kenwood head units only (of which the 8120 is one). When I contacted Kenwood regarding 07 head units I was told that they are working on it and an upgrade path would eventually be posted.
    08-15-08 04:31 PM
    I need some help folks, please! For those of you with Kenwood head units and especially the 8830...I haven't had any of the connection issues listed here, but my problem lies with my audio to the caller on the other line. I hear my calls thru the speakers with no issues, but the folks on the receiving end of my calls can barely hear me or the sound is terribly distorted.

I have verified the mic is fine and have played with many different adjustments to my phone's internal volume. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    02-11-09 11:47 AM
    I would actually be interested in hearing people's experience on this as well. When my wife calls me from the car, the sounds quality is awful - very distorted and weak.

Right now I have the microphone mounted on the steering wheel column, directly in front of the driver. Seems like that should be ideal, but I've been considering placing it in other locations to see if it makes a difference.
    02-11-09 12:07 PM
    I have a DNX5120 and BB8830 and the only way i found to make this work is to remove all connections on both the DNX5120 and 8830 then from the DNX5120 add a special device and choose disable auto sync as the device, then pair it. This has stayed connected even after shutting off the car and walking away, it actually reconnected automatically because i set the 8830 to trust the BT200. It appears the address book or music auto sync may be the culprit and by adding it this way no auto sync attempts to happen. Only negative is no address book. Oh well at least I wont get a ticket answering calls here in San Diego.
    I don't understand how you did it.

Could you please explain with more details how you solved that problem?

I really don't care about the phone book or the A2DP, I just want to be able to answer calls.

It really pisses me off that the Blackberry doesn't pair everytime with the Kenwood DNX.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Eric
    12-07-09 02:48 PM
    I went to the SPDEV section, click on the "Disable auto pair", but it still doesn't work !

Sometimes it pairs well, some other time it doesn't.

I really don't know what to do
    12-08-09 12:19 PM
    Actually, after pairing my Blackberry 8900, when I go to the "Blackberry Setup" section, I can see that it's written "Blackberry 8900".

And then, if I turn off the Kenwood DNX5240BT, when I go back to that "Blackberry Setup" section, sometime I see "Blackberry 8900", and some other time, I don't see anything.

I should be able to see "Blackberry 8900" all the time, even if my Blackberry is not paired with the Kenwood, right?
    12-08-09 12:23 PM
    Nobody can't help me?
    12-11-09 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD