help blackberry software froze my computer
11-13-08 11:06 AM
- I decided to join the masses and get a blackberry bold, I figured with all the hype it must be good. so I thought. It seams that the Blackberry looks very pretty, but in terms of it software, so far I 'm not having luck.
I had to install and uninstall twice, and now my computer is frozen, I can't remove the programs now that my computer is in safe mode. I can't do much in safe mode. The instructions are limited, I received no direction as to what I need to do first, what needs to be installed, where to look for it...
The Desk Top manager is less then impressive. I expected to see a screen that looks like the BB and all it applications.
I'M TRING NOT TO WRITE WITH ANY EMOTION, AS I LOOK OVER TO MY LAPTOP AND SEE THE BLUE SCREEN ERROR MESSAGE DUE TO NEW SOFTWARE THAT WAS INSTALLED. WHY DID SUCH A SOPHISTICATED DIVICE DO THIS?
I can't see the calendar, I can't drag and drop items from my computer to the device...I have to e-mail myself, and run the risk that the document that I'm sending isn't reduced to nothing.
I'm a palm daytimer user for 10 years (not phone). I can view my day on my computer with colour codes for different events and activities for the day week and month. It archives everything. I can look up any day from the past and who what where how everything is there. I can copy and paste e-mails under a clients name and under the date. I can search for a client and find all appointments, memo, note, e-mails, phone calls that are associated with them and the date. Can BB do this?
I'M THINKING THAT I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT PALM...BUT ROGERS DOESN'T HAVE THE LATEST AND THEY HAVE NO PLANS TO BRING MORE ON.
HELP11-12-08 08:46 PM
- Have you ever Backed your drive up if so there is a way to return it the previous back-up and it will be as if that month or how-ever long it been never happened and you can retry. If not I'm not a fan of it but I've done several people's computers for them. (mainly because they are computer illiterate or just know enough to get their work done) You can take the disk pack that came with your computer (should be 3 or 4 depending on the OS) pop in disk one restart and follow the directions only thing is, you better have every disk for every printer, fax, WiFi adapter, digital camera..... any thing you use because this wipes it to a new format just like the day you bought the computer. If you arenot running a current version of XP such as version 2 or better then don't do this cause your computer won't be able to load the vast amount of updates since version 1 (I know my parents did this I still can't update to version 2 without buying it outright.)
Another option Office Depot may be able to help but they charge like 150.00 to do it and you have to leave your computer with them overnight.11-12-08 10:39 PM
- Don't know what that guys talking about on help for your computer, but just go to your start menu click control panel click performance and maint then click system restore click on that choose a earlier date when you know your computer was working and say yes to restart or it may just restart and bam your back in business baby!11-12-08 11:36 PM
- Don't know what that guys talking about on help for your computer, but just go to your start menu click control panel click performance and maint then click system restore click on that choose a earlier date when you know your computer was working and say yes to restart or it may just restart and bam your back in business baby!11-12-08 11:43 PM
- Thanks Guys, But It seams that I can't do anything with my computer. Blue screen keeps booting up. I have a lot of stuff on my computer,6 years of work and all my contacts from outlook. I've backed up some of my files on a jumpdrive. however my e-mails hold a lot of contact and documents that I send to client, which I don't have that backed up. I tried to back it up but the only option that i had to back up is to microsoft exchange..don't know where and what that is? Is there a requirment for the computer for the desk top manager to run on.11-13-08 07:44 AM
- Reed McLayRetired Moderatormy computer is in safe mode. I can't do much in safe mode. ...
Safe Mode is intended to help you correct the problem that is preventing the regular version of Windows from starting.
The first thing is checking the integrity of your hard disk. There may be errors that are preventing it from starting correctly. Correcting the errors will allow a normal startup.My Computer, right-click the drive, Properties, Tools, Check Now..., Select Options, Start.
If no errors are detected, the next step is to remove suspect programs.
Control Panel / Uninstall then select the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
Restart the computer and verify a normal startup.
Once we have you running properly with all of your data intact, we can focus on the problems with your BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
Which version of Windows are you using?11-13-08 11:06 AM
- Popular at CrackBerry
- General BlackBerry Discussion
help blackberry software froze my computer
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD