So I teach at an Elementary School, and while in the gym a student threw a basketball and it hit me and knocked my blackberry curve out of my hand. The curve went flying and hit the ground. When I picked it up the screen was black, so I proceeded to take the battery out and try to restart the phone. It would not come back on. Now there is a picture of a battery with a RED line through it on the screen and that is all it will do. Any advice please. I just got this phone. I am very sad at the moment.
    01-14-09 12:34 PM
    So I teach at an Elementary School, and while in the gym a student threw a basketball and it hit me and knocked my blackberry curve out of my hand. The curve went flying and hit the ground. When I picked it up the screen was black, so I proceeded to take the battery out and try to restart the phone. It would not come back on. Now there is a picture of a battery with a RED line through it on the screen and that is all it will do. Any advice please. I just got this phone. I am very sad at the moment.
    That's actually positive, because it is saying that it is not detecting the battery.

So, check that the battery contacts are all there and in place and that you are putting it in correctly. If it still doesn't work, don't lose hope, it can be fixed. =)
    01-14-09 12:50 PM
    Thank you so much. Everything looks to be there. I kinda wiggled the battery and it seems to be recognizing the battery now.. so we will see.
    Thanks again!!! Have a fabulous day!!
    01-14-09 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD