So, starting on Thursday evening, my blackberry started turning it's radio mobile network system off on it's own. The blackberry itself will remain on, but the network signal function will turn off. I have gone into the manage connections application and manually turned it back on. The problem is that it will turn itself back off anywhere from 20 seconds later to an hour later. It usually is 20 seconds later. This is driving me crazy!! I cannot call my voicemail, because it will cut off the radio in the middle of the call, cannot send or receive texts unless it is in the 20 seconds the radio stays on... and def can't get email. I have called Alltel, and, as usually the tech support there has no idea about anything. They have NEVER know what the heck is going on with any technical issues I have had. So, the developing issue is, is that they just want to send me a refurbished blackberry, but we don't even know if it is the blackberry itself, an application thrown off by the outage, or if it is the network service??? Has anyone had this happen to them... with the radio network connection automatically turning off? Does anyone have any suggestions?
    I am desperate!!!
    Thanks!
    04-12-08 06:05 PM
    So, starting on Thursday evening, my blackberry started turning it's radio mobile network system off on it's own. The blackberry itself will remain on, but the network signal function will turn off. I have gone into the manage connections application and manually turned it back on. The problem is that it will turn itself back off anywhere from 20 seconds later to an hour later. It usually is 20 seconds later. This is driving me crazy!! I cannot call my voicemail, because it will cut off the radio in the middle of the call, cannot send or receive texts unless it is in the 20 seconds the radio stays on... and def can't get email. I have called Alltel, and, as usually the tech support there has no idea about anything. They have NEVER know what the heck is going on with any technical issues I have had. So, the developing issue is, is that they just want to send me a refurbished blackberry, but we don't even know if it is the blackberry itself, an application thrown off by the outage, or if it is the network service??? Has anyone had this happen to them... with the radio network connection automatically turning off? Does anyone have any suggestions?
    I am desperate!!!
    Thanks!
    1. have u tired a battery pull?

2. what os are u running, 4.2 /3/5

3. under mobile opts is it set to " automatic or manual "?

if u have tired the battery pull, and are running the os that shipped w/ the pone and your opts are set to manual for " mobile preferred " then atlast you can always try uninstalling all 3rd party software and see'ing how the phone acts, if things are still the same. then reinstall the os.

oh, after typing all this, i forgot resend ur service books. it might help
    04-12-08 06:15 PM
    Thank you so much for helping me!
    ok... I have tried the battery pull a bunch of times, and I did resend my service books and re registered with blackberry.
    2. I am not sure how to check my os? can you help me more with that?
    3. and I am not sure I am checking in the right place, but under my Mobile Network options under my network selection mode I only have the choices of automatic and home only?
    I know... I am totally clueless!

oooo.... and I am not sure on how uninstall 3rd party software... is that like extra apps that didn't come on the phone?

again, thank you so much!!!
    04-12-08 06:50 PM
    Thank you so much for helping me!
    ok... I have tried the battery pull a bunch of times, and I did resend my service books and re registered with blackberry.
    2. I am not sure how to check my os? can you help me more with that?
    3. and I am not sure I am checking in the right place, but under my Mobile Network options under my network selection mode I only have the choices of automatic and home only?
    I know... I am totally clueless!

oooo.... and I am not sure on how uninstall 3rd party software... is that like extra apps that didn't come on the phone?

again, thank you so much!!!
    2. options / about - will tell u ur os version

3. under mobile network " connection preference " select " mobile network only " and where is say network selection mode " Manual "

4. 3rd party apps are programs you've installed your self either via Desktop Manager or OTA ( Over The Air )

to delete 3rd party apps, go to options, advance options, applications and select that with which u wish and choose to delete.

also if u decide to have your carrier send u a new berry, use the desktop manager to back up ur settings.
    04-12-08 06:58 PM
    Thanks!!! will do...
    also, i have found that if i leave the display for the mobile connection screen up where i manually reconnect it up, the radio will stay connected, but if i get out of the app, is when it disconnects 20-30 seconds later. and the battery is draining super fast...
    does that sound like a phone problem or a network problem to you?
    this is so frustrating.
    but you are helping out so much more than my carrier!!!
    04-12-08 07:11 PM
    need to reload the OS
    04-12-08 07:19 PM
    Thanks!!! will do...
    also, i have found that if i leave the display for the mobile connection screen up where i manually reconnect it up, the radio will stay connected, but if i get out of the app, is when it disconnects 20-30 seconds later. and the battery is draining super fast...
    does that sound like a phone problem or a network problem to you?
    this is so frustrating.
    but you are helping out so much more than my carrier!!!
    thats definitely your phone, reload the os
    04-12-08 07:19 PM
    My dose that when the battery gets so low
    04-12-08 07:59 PM
    yea double check your applications my phone was just acting crazy the other and come to find out i had to re-install the 4.2 software so maybe you can back everything up to blackberry manager and then do a master reset.
    04-12-08 08:26 PM
    super!!! how do i reload the os?
    04-12-08 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD