Hi All,

I have a question about BIS. We use exchange at work, no BES. Our IT guy sold management on the Motorola Q, so the Blackberries are now slowly being replaced. I'm not so excited about that plan.

Does anyone have suggestions for how I can reliably get my work email on my BB 8830? We have the BB desktop running, but its not on my system (I carry a laptop), and mail gets hung there a couple of times each week. Is the software spotty or could it just not be configured properly? I've never touched it, but I'm willing to if it means I get to keep my BB. I don't want the company to spend money on a phone that I don't like.
    01-13-08 11:12 AM
    Forward a copy of your work email to your BlackBerry.net email address...
    01-13-08 11:36 AM
    I agree with naviwilliams. Also you can "mask" that address within your BIS settings. Make the "reply to" address your work email....this works like a charm for me.
    01-13-08 11:51 AM
    Yes, the forwarding option is the best. You get your mail instantly, no matter if your computer is on or not..

The only thing you don't get is sync of what mail is read or not on the laptop.
    01-13-08 12:02 PM
    I cant believe your blackberrys are being replaced with the q(yuk),I FEEL FOR YOU.
    01-13-08 12:10 PM
    If your work uses a web outlook portal you can add that to your BB just like yahoo. If you need help PM me. Otherwise, have your IT put a mail bounce to your BB address and make the "reply to" look like your work email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-08 02:01 PM
    Thanks to all for the suggestions. I just set up the masking, tomorrow when I get to work I'll ask our IT guy to set up the email forwarding.
    01-13-08 05:50 PM
    Okay I have a follow-up question. I have everything set correctly on the BIS side, email sent from my Blackberry shows as if it were sent from my work account. I'm having difficulty with forwarding email to the device though. It IS being forwarded, but with the 'FW:', and when I reply I haven't figured out how to delete the forwarding header. In other words, everything works but its obvious that I'm forwarding messages to my BB. Any help with this is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris
    01-16-08 11:09 AM
    Not a way, it is a remnant of your forwarding setup. While I am not in favor or these kind of forwarding setups, it may be the only way for you.

Instead of hitting reply, you can hit forward on your BB, and remove text.
    01-16-08 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD