My wonderful son dumped my Curve in powdered sugar last night. I have gotten most of it out simply by blowing on the phone - but there is still a good amount on the camera, the light above the camera, in the USB region and a few other lil areas.

I have tried a vaccuum - nothing. Tried using the Compressed Gas Duster thingy for computers - did very little. Any tips?
    12-11-09 09:42 AM
    Does it taste better??? jk! The same thing happened to me but with sand at the beach. I broke into the berry and cleaned it well. Still some sand was left and only time got it out. It's kinda hard to clean electronics when water and electrical circuits do not mix well.
    12-11-09 10:28 AM
    If it were me, I'd try rubbing alcohol with q-tips.. The q-tip should provide enough cotton material to allow rubbing/cleaning/small drips.. which the alcohol should evaporate very quickly, before any damage to electrical components.. However, try at your own risk.

Jeff
    12-11-09 11:54 AM
    If it were me, I'd try rubbing alcohol with q-tips.. The q-tip should provide enough cotton material to allow rubbing/cleaning/small drips.. which the alcohol should evaporate very quickly, before any damage to electrical components.. However, try at your own risk.

Jeff
    THat sounds like a good idea. How old is your son? Wow good luck
    12-11-09 11:58 AM
    Hey.. Just an FYI that taking apart Blackberry's is SUPPPPPPPER SIMPLE.

You need 3 Torx precision bits (just incase you get one of the BB's with the oddball screw). You need T5, T6 and T7

If you lookup how to take it apart, you can do it in under a minute(or at least I can). Since you got stuff all over it, it's most likely voided the warranty anyways, so taking it apart is the only way to clean it.

once you've removed the back cover, at the top are 2 torx screws. Remove those and then the bottom U piece and the face plate will snap off. I'd recommend looking it up for the faint-of-heart.
    12-11-09 12:12 PM
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
    12-11-09 12:13 PM
    Thanks, I will try the rubbing alcohol before attempting to take it apart. I recently replaced the screen all by myself, prying it off with a baby spoon - I do not have any of those Torx thingy's but am thinking I should invest in them!

My son is 2 btw.

This is what I get I guess for thinking a Mom can have something stay nice for longer than a month
    12-11-09 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD