I bought a new 9360 3 days ago, but when I first started using it I noticed one terrible thing, the battery lasted about 5 hours with very light usage, this made me rage and I went back to the place, they gave me another battery right away, and they told me I had to charge it for 12 hours for the first charge (something I doubt will make any difference) so I did, and I'm testing it as we speak, but after 1 hour of very light usage, 15% of the battery is gone I don't know what to do, should I get a new battery ? is this normal ?

I remember using my dads old 8900 once, the battery went from 100 to 0 in 3 hours, what I did was buy a new battery, which didnt work, then I updated the software of the 8900 and voila ! but since theres no update for 9360 I cant do that ! HELP !
    Last edited by charlie_gj; 12-23-11 at 11:58 AM.
    12-23-11 11:54 AM
    BB Curves do not have good battery life compared to the others, but your experience seems to be a bit over the top. How many apps do you have running? Hold down the menu button and see what comes up.
    12-23-11 11:59 AM
    I got home, phone, browser, messages and bbm. plus I'm on 2g
    12-23-11 12:13 PM
    I got home, phone, browser, messages and bbm. plus I'm on 2g
    Then that's definitely not normal. I'd get a replacement phone.
    12-23-11 12:43 PM
    thing is I got it on ebay uk and I live in south america
    12-23-11 02:59 PM
    Pressing the menue button won't show you all apps running in the background. Go to "application management" and look at cpu usage. For example the twitter app running in the background checking for updates every 5 minutes drains the battery fast.
    Same with social feeds. Both are not shown when you press the menue button.
    How's your signal strength? A weak signal is also a battery killer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-11 03:20 PM
    My usage has been pretty low while testing the battery, im not signed up in fb or twitter, im on 2G and only bbming and the battery has come from 100 to 35 in 5 hours
    12-23-11 03:29 PM
    Although curve is the lower end the battery is excellent. I think on a good working model
    you would have to be talking non stop for it to die
    in 5 hours.
    I would suggest you wipe the phone and reload
    software again. Also get a brand new battery.
    worse case might be something wrong with the phone itself.
    You can send it to RIM they will fix it for free, only thing
    is you will be without a phone for about 2 weeks, unless you
    have a backup.
    12-23-11 03:35 PM
    thank you, Ill try updating to the newest software to see if that helps, if not im getting a battery, that'll sure fix it.
    12-23-11 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD