I just had to replace my Blackberry Tour today, and I accidentally wiped my Blackberry before I copied my auto texts over to the new handset. In doing so, I deleted my favorite auto texts...does anyone know how to set up auto texts for the following characters (? , !)???? Please help me!!!!!!!
    Last edited by tfudd23; 02-10-10 at 12:38 AM.
    02-10-10 12:30 AM
    Uhh, just select the code you want to use, add the character, type the code, hit spacebar.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 05:21 AM
    What the heck?

This doesn't make sense. Why would you need an autotext for those characters?

What else is going on?
    02-10-10 05:52 AM
    Based on the question and the lack of context, I've seen people use (like I do in some cases) an AutoText code to add punctuation marks. Best guess I could come up with. Apostrophes especially when I keyboard one-handed. PITA to reach Alt and across to the K key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 06:02 AM
    I just had to replace my Blackberry Tour today, and I accidentally wiped my Blackberry before I copied my auto texts over to the new handset. In doing so, I deleted my favorite auto texts...does anyone know how to set up auto texts for the following characters (? , !)???? Please help me!!!!!!!
    Be back in about 4 minutes with the answer - my Tour is rebooting now.

I have "v" followed by space change to question mark, "n" changes to comma and "b" to Exclamation point.

They all follow the same scheme:

n (%b,)

b (%b!)

v (%b?)

Where those "%b" are actually, the macro for BACKSPACE and not typed by me.

And, yes, it just eliminates the alt press even if it does not save an actual keystroke it becomes more transparent.
    02-10-10 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD